Help...Won't Start!!

ltnate3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it all week no problems. Came out of store today and now it won't start. It cranks and barely turns over. Sounds like it's flooded or not getting gas at all. Put gas in it just in case it was out but it's not. Tried about an hour later, it starts but immediately dies or gargles and dies. I haven't pulled any codes. Any ideas?

Drove it all week no problems. Came out of store today and now it won't start. It cranks and barely turns over. Sounds like it's flooded or not getting gas at all. Put gas in it just in case it was out but it's not. Tried about an hour later, it starts but immediately dies or gargles and dies. I haven't pulled any codes. Any ideas?

Battery? I know it sounds too simple but our computers like to see 12+ volts and it needs to have 13+ to charge good.

I bet its that damn IAC valve. I wish someone would make a delete kit for that p.o.s.

I bet its that damn IAC valve. I wish someone would make a delete kit for that p.o.s.

Where is that...is it right next/below the TPS? I just changed the TPS and Fuel Pump relay. It cranks but will not turn over even if I give it gas.

Where is that...is it right next/below the TPS? I just changed the TPS and Fuel Pump relay. It cranks but will not turn over even if I give it gas.

Yea, its right near the TPS. Goes into your intake manifold. Unscrew it and pull it out, there will be a plunger that restricts idle air flow and a lot of times it gets stuck. Remove it and clean it. Be easy with it, I broke mine trying to force it to go back in. The plunger itself goes in and out, so if its stuck just spray whatever you got to loosen it, I used carb cleaner and a little bit of WD40. Hope thats the problem. Easy fix.

Last edited:
Yea, its right near the TPS. Goes into your TB. Unscrew it and pull it out, there will be a plunger that restricts idle air flow and a lot of times it gets stuck. Remove it and clean it. Be easy with it, I broke mine trying to force it to go back in. The plunger itself goes in and out, so if its stuck just spray whatever you got to loosen it, I used carb cleaner and a little bit of WD40. Hope thats the problem. Easy fix.

Is it the one taped off in Red? I thought it was the one next to it...

Attachments

• IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 80
Also, just to be sure thats the issue, when you have the IAC valve out of the TB, crank it. I bet it starts right up.

Yea my bad I got that backwards, the IAC valve is in the intake manifold, the TPS is in the TB. My bad.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back