Hey you SE GTG Guys, DR question?

BIG NANA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What tire pressure did you guys figure out for the drag races, I could sure use the input, got test and tune on Friday. I'm running the M&H 390's, is 22lbs. a good place to start?

Well, that is still a good thing to know. I did try a feww burnouts on my Toyo's. I know that with the Line Lock now, I can make them pretty sticky, but I still want to try the slicks first. Thanks for the info. You going to try and come to Gainesville on Saturday?

OK, No problem, but if you change your mind, call me, I'll get you on my crew list if you want.

i started out at 19, dropped it to 18 after 2 runs hooked like the schiznit, yours may be different with a rc

eddie102870 said:
i started out at 19, dropped it to 18 after 2 runs hooked like the schiznit, yours may be different with a rc

Eddie, What were your 60 foot times at the GTG?
Sorry about the ho-ing.

eddie102870 said:

Thats still a good way for me to start, and its ok Jack, u be a HO! LOL

1.81 was my best most were in the 1.80 ish bogged a few times, needed to launch at a higher rpm.

eddie102870 said:
1.81 was my best most were in the 1.80 ish bogged a few times, needed to launch at a higher rpm.
Damn, 180's would drop my ET's to 8.20. Gotta get some tires...

My best 60 foot times were with 17 lbs in my M&H 390's. I am naturally aspirated and do about a 2 count burnout...1001,1002 , get it. I also have a Hurst Line Loc. I found that 15 lbs was too low, an observer said the side walls were buckling. I leave at about 2800 rpm and I have Caltracs.

Trainman said:
My best 60 foot times were with 17 lbs in my M&H 390's. I am naturally aspirated and do about a 2 count burnout...1001,1002 , get it. I also have a Hurst Line Loc. I found that 15 lbs was too low, an observer said the side walls were buckling. I leave at about 2800 rpm and I have Caltracs.

Well, What were your 60 foot times? Are you R/C or Q/C?

RC , 2004, with 4.56 gears, Fidanza flywheel, Centerforce clutch , headers, Magnaflow, Volant Ram Air and DC tune. 482 RWHP, 526 Ftlbs. Best 60' 1.825 average around 1.86. If I try to leave @3000 or more then 60' jumps into the 2.00 range. I am going to try and get my differential angle set at -2 degrees and maybe go with some of Justins adjustable shocks to get in the 1.6 range.

Trainman said:
RC , 2004, with 4.56 gears, Fidanza flywheel, Centerforce clutch , headers, Magnaflow, Volant Ram Air and DC tune. 482 RWHP, 526 Ftlbs. Best 60' 1.825 average around 1.86. If I try to leave @3000 or more then 60' jumps into the 2.00 range. I am going to try and get my differential angle set at -2 degrees and maybe go with some of Justins adjustable shocks to get in the 1.6 range.
The thing is, you can't shift worth a crap!!! :D :p

True..Wifey...but oh when I learn to shift as good as you..LOOK OUT! PS...watch the video on the Xmetal site and you'll see what Wifey means!

Trainman said:

I'll try the 17 psi thing and you say at about 28oorpm you leave right?

When it comes to speed shifting and advise as to how to launch, trust me when I say "Listen To Trainman". He beat my best time by .5 seconds on his first run with my RC. A few might say he has legendary status in the race circuit.

Correct...2800 rpm, you will probably get a slight bog but it will be better than breaking the tires loose and then trying to recover. Of course the strip prep where you are may be better or different than Famoso (my strip) so if you have a heavy bog then up the rpm in small increments until you break loose then back down 100-200 rpm. These trucks have such tremendous torque that when they break loose it really costs valuable time.

Guys, unless you have a light flywheel like Trainman, you will have to come out at al lower RPM on the launch.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back