Hi from another newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

wo1sjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2005 silver RC about a month ago. I lurked on the site for a couple of months while I researched and shopped for my truck. You guys are very informative and I've enjoyed just reading what's going on. Looking forward to being here a lot more now that I have something to contribute.

On a down note, my truck has Gibson shortie headers and a V-Force exhaust and it's freaking LOUD. It's beyond music to the ears, it's wake the neighbors when I come home from work late Loud.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this exhaust and would a magnaflow be quieter, or should I even bother looking for a stock muffler? I'm definitely keeping the headers, they look better than the OEM's.

Sorry my first post was so long, but thanks in advance. :D

Loud is good LOL. I've never heard that particular exhaust so I don't know how it compares to the others available, but I don't think you want a stock muffler.

Wow, you guys are fast. Barely had time to get my red star before you guys had posted some answers. I'm kinda leaning towards the Magnaflow, it seems a lot of you guys recommend them, so it must be good.

Here are a couple of pics of the truck, and yes, the black one is my wife's car.

Attachments

• DSCN4520.JPG
    DSCN4520.JPG
    728.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN4522.JPG
    DSCN4522.JPG
    697 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Welcome dude!!!! Im working on the LOUD part myself...almost there....

Good catch, usually nobody figures that out. I'm actually a 3 dotter, just been using that screen name forever b/c it's the only one I can remember. Truck was actually my promotion gift to myself. Wife got the pay raise and I get the truck...win-win. :rock:

wo1sjb said:
Good catch, usually nobody figures that out. I'm actually a 3 dotter, just been using that screen name forever b/c it's the only one I can remember. Truck was actually my promotion gift to myself. Wife got the pay raise and I get the truck...win-win. :rock:
Cool. Welcome to the forum. I am a recently retired (2004) CW3. :rock:

Retired.....can't wait to be able to say that. I've got a few years left though:(

Welcome Bud!

Congrats on the Truck, the Promotion, and the Raise!:D !:rock:

Glad you found us dude!!! Welcome to our crazy RBC site!!! I have never heard of that muffler brand before, but you need to check to see if your cats are intack. There should be 4 of them. If they are gone, that would explain why its so loud. Cat delete is when you get the in cab noise IMO.

patrick

wo1sjb said:
Bought a 2005 silver RC about a month ago. I lurked on the site for a couple of months while I researched and shopped for my truck. You guys are very informative and I've enjoyed just reading what's going on. Looking forward to being here a lot more now that I have something to contribute.

On a down note, my truck has Gibson shortie headers and a V-Force exhaust and it's freaking LOUD. It's beyond music to the ears, it's wake the neighbors when I come home from work late Loud.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this exhaust and would a magnaflow be quieter, or should I even bother looking for a stock muffler? I'm definitely keeping the headers, they look better than the OEM's.

Sorry my first post was so long, but thanks in advance. :D
SILVER RC! Finally someone with real class! And an '05 to boot!. This is a very,... how shall I say it?,... "unique" site. I hope you will continue to offer your insights and wisdom. (or just hang around and drink beer like the rest of us!):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back