HID confussion

mr.srt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, bought HIDs for the headlights, bought 9007 BiXenon kit.

Opened the box and im a litle confussed now.
The kit contained this:

2x bulbs
2x ballast
1x relay (or HI/LOW box, not sure)

Trucks from factory has one blue connector to each lamp obviously, but the kit only has one blu connection and that is on the realy thing, and that again divide itself to both headlamps..

That doesnt make sense to me, I would think the ballast just would connect to the factory blue connector and thats it, but the ballst must be connected to the relay box and then the relay only connects to one of the sides on the truck..

Have i got the wrong kit or is it something im missing here?

I ordered a kit named 9007 Bixenon, but they have one called 9007(HB5) also.

Is there a diffrence between 9007 and 9007 HB5 maybe?
I thought these where the same bulbs..?

Mine had one plug, a wire that goes straight to the battery, 2 ballasts, and 2 bulbs. One factory plug will not have anything plugged into it(passenger) this will cause a "lamp out" in the instrument cluster. There is an additional relay to turn that off. I don't know if this helps, but it is how mine were. Good luck!

H4_H13_9004_9007_High_Low_H_L_Bi-Xenon_HID_Xenon_Replacement_Bulb_Lamp_Light_35W.jpg

car-new-bi-xenon-high-low-hid-conversion-kit-9004-9007-3.jpg

Thats pretty much it..
You see the realy thing is the one splitting towards both heaadlights..

Mine had one plug, a wire that goes straight to the battery, 2 ballasts, and 2 bulbs. One factory plug will not have anything plugged into it(passenger) this will cause a "lamp out" in the instrument cluster. There is an additional relay to turn that off. I don't know if this helps, but it is how mine were. Good luck!

Seems like the same thing!

Tryed to plug it all in just 5min ago but the bulbs just flicker and the relay thing makes a click every 2sec or so..

:dontknow:

That's the same kit I have looks like. Battery to red wire, relay to factory plug on driver, one ballast mounted each side, passenger factory plug not used. Also, didn't they come with instructions?

Ok, I had to get one more relay. You have a kit that is for the 9007 but the light controls go thru the computer on the truck. I had same issue. Company sent me relay for free. Lemme see if I can get a pic of it. Pm me yur # and I will send some pics to ya

pm sendt. so the kit isnt the right one or..?

You will only use the harness to one factory bulb, that just sends the signal to the relay to power the ballast. You will need two resistor for the the layout and flicker problem. They are $9. Just Google hid resistor, they look copper/gold in color and have cooling fins on it about 4 inches long.

be prepared to need 4 resistors also i know mine i need one for low beam and 1 for high beam side otherwise i get the flashing high beams and bulb out light just a warning :) been there done that lol

Thanks everyone, i will try out the resistors then. :burnout:

Annoying they dont make it bolt on tho. :chain:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back