high flow cats

FaSt-RAM-716

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for high flow cats do you need to get new sims and stuff? and how much hp would you gain on them ::rock:

From what a lot of folks are saying here. The stock cats are pretty restrictive. You could cut out the two cats and replace them with one high flow. Something like this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-Catalytic-Converter-High-Flow-Stainless-Steel_W0QQitemZ130104993485QQihZ003QQcategoryZ33629QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The only O2's you would have to be concerned with would be the two rear ones. If you did throw a code you could install O2 sims. You screw the sim into the pipe and the the stock O2 into the sim. They are cheap and seem to work. I've been considering doing something but haven't taken that first step. It's probably good for 20 HP I think.

FaSt-RAM-716 said:
for high flow cats do you need to get new sims and stuff? and how much hp would you gain on them ::rock:

I think the gains on high flows parallel the gains on a cat delete system.
think you don't need sims either... my question is does it sound any
different than a cat delete system? i'm thinking of getting my entire
exhaust welded and was just wondering

Thanks,

Sharpi

It sounds pretty darn close (high flows / straight pipe's). I agree with you, the gains are very close...

-Red

Performance curve is who i bought my mufflers through, nice quality. I can't tell the difference from flowmaster. Would it be a good idea to size the cat up to 3", I know the welds would cause turbulence, but the larger area should make up for that.

Last edited:
FaSt-RAM-716 said:

high flows should get you about 8-10rwhp...catless will get you about 15-20. High flows make no sense to me:dontknow: I love my catless mids and once my headers & magnflow are on it will sound awesome.

Should be no more than a 5 hp difference in high flows and catless pipes, if any at all. Depends on which high flows you run.

I have Belanger's high flows. You can see right thru them. They are really just a straight pipe. They require no simms and they are just as loud as catless pipes.;)

sammy corley said:
How much for da high flow cats?

Sammy in S.C. 05 qc

remember the QC and RC have different exhaust set up...:dontknow:

BurntRubber said:
remember the QC and RC have different exhaust set up...:dontknow:

no , both are similar , the only difference is a straight pipe that connects the mids to the back bow on qcs

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back