Higher Octane...

BDR SRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched a little bit for this info with no luck, but basically what I want to know is if it's ok to mix in some higher octane racing gas with the 93 premium... I believe it's either 104 or 110 around here... not a lot I know, but perhaps a few gallons and then the rest with 93 occasionally to clean her out? :dontknow:

Save your money :)

Higher octane wont do anything for you unless you are tuned for it. If you want to clean out your injectors and fuel system, get some injector cleaner (I prefer the chevron techron cleaner) and run it through.

How man miles on it anyways?

-Red

Cool. That's what I wanted to hear, thank you... Heck she only has 19,000 miles, but I was just curious as to any benefits at all maybe... I bet the smell would be cool though!!!
I actually used the Chevron cleaner in my S2000 and it was referred as one of the better formulas available...

Just don't put any gas with lead in your truck if you still have the cats installed.

Bill.

I always Put 100 Unleaded In My truck and Mix it with 91 to give me 95 Octane. Yes Its Ok to do that. 76 sells their own brand at the pump here In Norcal:rock: 6.00 bucks a gallon bring your wallet:rock:

Yes I do because Dan At Dc told Me to use 100 because my Timing is so Aggresive:dontknow:

It's OK if your tuned for it or have higher compression, I've actually lost 13 hp by running 100 octane in my 70 Cuda, same day dyno tests, etc. Car is about 10.2:1 compression, if it was near 11:1 I would have seen some benifit and avoided pre detonation. I do run it in my seperate 1 gallon fuel cell when I'm spraying the N20 where it makes 500/498 to the wheels.

wildman

I add 2 gallons of 110 octane Sunoco every other time I fill up. It pings at WOT without it. It never pings now and it seems to run better.

Wade

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back