Hit a huge Pothole with the Vette;-(

PhatPharmacist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just got off of work, it been raining like crazy forever now, and plenty of water on the roads, and as I find out the hard way, there are plenty of new potholes. It was kind of nice out today, so I decided to take the Vette to work. Well I leave work at 10pm and drive home. About a mile from home I am coming up to stop sign near my place, and wham, the front passenger side of the car takes a nosedive into a huge pothole filled with water. It was dark out, and with the roads still a little wet, you couldn't tell anything was wrong with the road. Anyway, I hit this pothole at about 30mph, and since I had my windows down, the next thing I could hear is all the air leak out of my tire in a matter of seconds. :mad: I've got run flats, and I was real close to home, so I decided to limp home. As I was limping along, I kept hearing this strage noise from the tire, like something was roling around inside the tire. I was like WTF now. I get in the driveway, and double check things. I think the remote tire pressure sensor in the wheel must have been jarred loose and is just rolling around inside the tire now. Guess, I'll take the wheel off and head to the dealer in the morning. Damn potholes. It's been a little rough this week, ended up with 30 hours of overtime at work for the week, still have to work the weekend, and now this. :mad:

that sucks, where i am the roads are always crap, but when they fill with water, its that much harder to tell how bad they are, plus the darkness to

If the pothole was deep you better check the underside of your car:(

Well, at least the overtime will help pay for the repairs!:dontknow:
:D

ntw0rk said:
Well, at least the overtime will help pay for the repairs!:dontknow:
:D

LOL! Lots'O Overtime indeed.

But, I was just thinking, I bought the road hazard warranty for the tires and wheels when it was new, so maybe this kinda thing would be covered.

PhatPharmacist said:
LOL! Lots'O Overtime indeed.

But, I was just thinking, I bought the road hazard warranty for the tires and wheels when it was new, so maybe this kinda thing would be covered.

Sounds like a "Road Hazard" to me. :dontknow: At least the tire should be covered, not sure about the Sensor and all that.

Have you had a chance to inspect for other damage in the daylight yet?

Hoping there is none!

Can you file a claim with the city? I know it's a PITA, But at the very least maybe it will motivate them to fix the potholes.:dontknow:

J.R.

That's one BIG thing that sucks about having cars/trucks with nice wheels and low-profile tires - They're so easy to damage.:(

A regular car or truck would probably just suck-up that abuse and keep going. Maybe knock your alignment out, but the tire/wheel would probably survive.

Even my SVT Focus has 17"wheels and super low-profile tires on it. A couple of years back I was headed to work at 3am, half asleep, and managed to run over a roadkill deer. ~175 pounder I'm guessing. The tire was fine, but I managed to bend a wheel on it.:mad: Also spent the next few days removing meat and fur from under my car.

Fortunately, I can pick up new SVT Focus 17x7 wheels for about $110 each.

I won't be driving my Viper in the rain ever, if I can help it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back