Hogans Racing intake manifold

Ram From Hell said:
Granted, the power gained from this isn't what I gain with the Strikers for example, but I look at it this way: If equipment like that, the AEM, and a full-on fuel system are what it takes to make sure that this engine runs as strong and as safe as it can, they're worth every penny. On a 30k build, spending 3k on an intake is in proportion. I think of it as one part HP, one part insurance.

I think I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 2k for a new crank, billet main caps, and all of the associated machine work (and I got the brand new crank cheap!). Is the improvment from that stuff worth the coin? I'll bet you when I launch from the line at 5k and several pounds of boost it is.;)

well, if i had $30k into a build like you -- i completely see your point !!!!:D

walenator said:
Don't disrespect a senior my friend. He's just asking a price. Nice piece, loose the chip.

A senior? As in a Hispanic man or as in old person?:dontknow:

Ah c'mon man, there was no disrespect in there at all. Notice the smiley at the end of the comment, and realize that it was said in a friendly manner. That's why it's there.

I'm in a good mood right now with several shots of Ketel One vodka down, but don't push it.:evil: I'm likely to go all Beelzebub any moment.:pcguru:

Cool! i need to get me one of those! :D would jet hot make it any better? :)

Sharpi

Wow,,,simply beautiful....when is this beast going to be running?????...before Jack's.....:D

Nowwhat said:
Wow,,,simply beautiful....when is this beast going to be running?????...before Jack's.....:D

Very, very soon. The intake, valve covers, heat exchanger, and charge pipes all go out to Gary this week for mods and finshing. Once they're back (hopefully with the complete fuel system as well), just a few weeks.

Now, that doesn't take in to account that the next several weekends will proably be spent racing that new El Camino.:D

Ram From Hell said:
Just received my intake from Hogans Racing. Another damned nice piece of equipment! Between seeing the eye candy that is Fast Jack's intake manifold and getting substantially improved air distribution over the factory intake, how could I say no?:D
would an intake like this be worth the cost vs performance on a NA engine ?

now if someone can convince hogans to make an intake for the roe then you would have something great big hp roes drivin around it would be agreat thing im sure

505'sFastestViper. said:
id say it would be a 6 thousand dollar waste of money on an n\a engine

It was actually about half that. Still, there are plenty of cheaper ways to make more HP.

My primary concern wasn't power, it was the air distribution problems that Roe found with the stock manifold (especially under boost) that caused the front cylinders to run much leaner than the rest.

505'sFastestViper. said:
now if someone can convince hogans to make an intake for the roe then you would have something great big hp roes drivin around it would be agreat thing im sure

That would be an even tougher cost to justify, unless it could be made with an integrated charge cooler. Unless there's something really flawed with the current design, there isn't a huge amount to be gained there, I'd venture to say.

Michael from the U.K. said:
Arn't you a bit worried that it might void your warranty????;) Very nice though,i'm a bit jealous.:rock:

The short answer is no.

My truck has already been black-listed by Daimler Chrysler. (For real!):p

Besides, the only stock part of the engine is the block.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back