Homelink question

AZBLACKMONSOON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 QC , my garage door is programmed for the homelink button and works fine. The question I have is ,I thought if the truck was off and no key in it those buttons were dead no power , I found out the other day they still function with no key in it . So if I was a bad guy I could break a window and hit the button and open the garage door. Is there any way to disable that, I found nothing in the manual. If there is nothing I guess I could figure out how to put a relay in and cut power to it when the truck is off, and relay clicks on when key is turned on. Any ideas?

Wow, I never thought of that. Homelinks are smart and cool, But not very advanced, When you remove power from them they loose there information, When instalin my mids, i disconnected battery, and i lost my Presets......

I have an 04, So it might be different for other models, but i doubt it....

Surly somebody will chime in...

The question i have is, Why do you have a Garage if you dont keep your Wicked truck inside?????????

homelink will not lose memory if power is disconnected

Last edited:
well he defiantly know what he is talking about.......

Forget everything i said except for the last part. I was also in the process of installing my radar detector up there, So i might have done something funny up there.......

Burkerice07 said:
The question i have is, Why do you have a Garage if you dont keep your Wicked truck inside?????????

Keep it on the other side of the garage door and problem solved. :dontknow: :D

I wish it could be parked in the garage , but I have too much stuff ,it's basically a 2 and 3/4 garage ,my impala ,454ss and lightning sqeezed in ,yamaha banshee kept in bed of 454, old 454 and lightning engines on stands, very large tool box and workbench,+cherry picker, jackstands. If i could park it ,it would barely clear by 1 inch to shut the door. I think I will start looking at the circuits to put a relay or plain toggle switch. Another idea is to wipe the codes and get one of those keypad door openers where you have to punch in a 4 digit number, and just keep it in the center consel.

Put the garage door opener on a switch (in the house). That way when the truck is outside it can not open the door. Just a suggestion.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back