HOOD DESTROYED BY SHIPPER-REFUSED DELIVERY

SERPENT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just received Stinker's hood today. The edges of the box were worn away as if the hood were dragged for some distance. The body shop owner that was accepting delivery on my behalf was urged by the driver/delivery guy to check the hood before accepting it because of the condition of the box. When he opened it up he found that the edges of the hood were ground completely off,especially on the corners where the bubble wrap did little to protect it. The body shop owner refused to accept shipment and my hood is now on its way back to the shipper. Sorry I dont have pictures. I wasn't informed of the damage until the hood had allready been sent back. Word to the wise for all those who are waiting for these hoods. Make sure that whoever is accepting delivery thorougly inspects for damage before signing off on the shipment. This is especialy important if you are not personally going to be there when the truck gets in.

Your guy did right by you, your a lucky man ..... Good information for sure. Hope you make out o.k. with the hood. Should look great on the Truck ....
I remember the paint job from the September GTG last year...... sweet.

Jim

:mad: :argh: dam that sucks at least your body man knew what he was doin because i know how shippin companys can be they dont give a dam about whats in the box

It sounds to me like the shipping company is a bunch dumbfks. But that is just my opinion.

Bill.

Begood said:
It sounds to me like the shipping company is a bunch dumbfks. But that is just my opinion.

Bill.
No doubt.Some moron on a loading dock must have dragged the box thru the warehouse,around the parking lot, down the street,across town to the Dairy Queen and back to the truck. You can't believe how much of the fiberglass was worn off the edge of the hood. Haven't heard from Stink yet. Stinker where are you?

ooof, looks like the further east they have to go the worse shipping gets. maybe they need to be put in a wooden crate.

mr. anderson said:
ooof, looks like the further east they have to go the worse shipping gets. maybe they need to be put in a wooden crate.

My thoughts exactly.
I called and left a message for Stinker suggesting that I would be happy to pay extra to have the hood crated for shipping. This hood will go on the truck eventually even if we have to wrap the damn thig in kevlar to get it to the coast.

Good call SERPENT. That delivery guy and your body shop guy together saved you loads of grief. Be glad that you will have another hood delivered to you in tact. Sure the anticipation will be greater and you were inconvenienced. But you do know it could have very well been worse. This was a lesson you and everyone reading this has learned, and it wasn't at your financial expense... Just mental expnse (depending on how badly you wanted to see that hood installed on your baby). But you will soon have another and will smile when you see it mounted in its place. And us? We will be smiling with you (provided you include pictures for us to see, hint hint)..:D

TREKER said:
Cant trust anyone these days because no one gives a f#@k.

Stinker cares. Probably a little too much. he's been agonizing over these stupid hoods for way too long. Hated to call him with the bad news but the bubble wrap doesn't cut it for overland freight.

Venom Power said:
Good call SERPENT. That delivery guy and your body shop guy together saved you loads of grief. Be glad that you will have another hood delivered to you in tact. Sure the anticipation will be greater and you were inconvenienced. But you do know it could have very well been worse. This was a lesson you and everyone reading this has learned, and it wasn't at your financial expense... Just mental expnse (depending on how badly you wanted to see that hood installed on your baby). But you will soon have another and will smile when you see it mounted in its place. And us? We will be smiling with you (provided you include pictures for us to see, hint hint)..:D

Thanks,We were hoping to get the hood on for the next NE GTG but it will get done and pictures will go out. We are planning a little different paint scheme to match the red metal flake fade from the rocker panels on up into black. Should be different and not too terribly loud.

i loved jims. i just want the original badges on mine personally.
got a family reunion on the 11th, in PA so i can't make this one.

from someone in the trucking business, when you sign the bills of lading your saying everything is ok. you need to make notations as to the condition of the box, even its contents. id make the driver wait until it was opened up and inspected. then give stinker a call.

my box looked like this first thing i did was open it up ,,,had a small scratch in the primer but not bad ,,looked real bad from outside the box,,,

i did not sign till i looked it all over ,,,now i need to scrape up the cash to get in line to get it painted!
box.jpg

but its looking good
unpaintedhood.jpg
:

ironhead, it's still missing the ACR vents, would you like me to come down to h-town and put a "custom" set in for ya, I just sharpened my leatherman:D:D:D

serpent sorry I havent called back yet, taking care of things for ya, and sorry on the hood, but its being taken care of , I will def give you a call tommorrow

i would suggest maybe some styrofoam in the corners of box ,so it will help hold it in the center of box :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back