HOTROD Power Tour 2010 GTG? Anyone Interested?

robwclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys as usual since 1996 I'm going on the Hotrod Magazine Power Tour this June. Every year there are less and less 10's up until last year I was the ONLY Viper truck I even saw, much less another Long Hauler. There is always a group of like 30 Lightenings though. The trip looks absolutely wonderful this year and I was hoping to maybe get a group of you guys together. Its so much fun, burn-out displays every night(I am generally burnout king), at the motels & stuff, lots of vendors with lots of inside hookups, There's always something cool to do, last year we got to give it hell around Bristol! I am always a longhauler, but maybe some of you guys could make a leg or two. Its a blast!!! Anyone????

Here is the official schedule:

Start
Saturday June 5, kickoff at Iowa Speedway, Newton, IA

Sunday June 6, drive to Springfield, IL

Monday June 7, drive to DuQuoin, IL

Tuesday June 8, drive to Bowling Green, KY

Wednesday June 9, drive to Chattanooga, TN

Thursday June 10, drive to Birmingham, AL

Friday June 11, drive to Mobile, AL

Saturday Longhaulers awards

Scrambler1 said:
Sounds like a lot of fun. Can people show up for just a portion or is it all or nothing?

You can show up whenever & however you want. Its free to attend & like $30 to join part of the tour & $80 for a long hauler, but the long haulers get over $80 in free crap. but to answer your question, you can come for any part of it you like. This is the largest car show in the world. and it last a freaking week. ton o fun mang!

In 2004 there was like 10 Ram SRT10's on tour including mine, they have dwindelled since to where last year I was the only one I even saw the entire trip!!!! One good thing is I almost always get in the magazine. This last year one of the staffers had me park in special places for photo shoots just because they needed a 10.

TeamSRT10 said:
be pretty sweet to do, just money is tight again this year

As it is for everyone. Heck I may not be able to make it, but I certain will do my best to. I can prob swing it though.

its on "THE LIST"

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

i plan on doing a couple legs of it. i dk if i'll be in the ram or the camaro yet; depends if i can get it running good enough. think i saw ur truck in bristol. there was another 10 there, had a wicked paint job, silver bottom with fade to black top and snakes all over.

wildcatcamaro said:
i plan on doing a couple legs of it. i dk if i'll be in the ram or the camaro yet; depends if i can get it running good enough. think i saw ur truck in bristol. there was another 10 there, had a wicked paint job, silver bottom with fade to black top and snakes all over.

Oh yea I didnt count that one cause it was so freaking faggoty it was crazy. I guess there was another SRT Ram this year. Yea if you saw a black 06 RC that was me for sure. I made a pass down the 1/4 mile, and got to make 5 laps on the circle track too. Last years trip had too many big cities. hopefully this year with the small towns will be awesome. I love the burnouts, the crowd absolutely freaks out for a good burnout at night in front of the motels. I will make a new thread about this about a month before to try and drum up a crowd. We should seriously make a giant GTG this year it would be cool to not be the only viper truck there.

If all goes well in the next couple of months count me in... start to finish!!!

Did some of it in 2007. I was disappointed in the locations they used that year.

Long lines into the parking areas, dirt/gravel access roads made for filthy vehicles, long waits creeping in traffic with engines overheating...

But there were some bitchin' rides on the tour!

Prof said:
Did some of it in 2007. I was disappointed in the locations they used that year.

Long lines into the parking areas, dirt/gravel access roads made for filthy vehicles, long waits creeping in traffic with engines overheating...

But there were some bitchin' rides on the tour!

Hey dad, I promise that was just crappy coinsidense. The roads to the locations are almost never gravel or dirt, and I happen to love the long waits in traffic, thats what its all about!!!! I usually pass the time my doing smoky's here and there!! The traffic would suck if you have a heating problem or no a/c :( Best thing to do in that case would be to leave about an hour early to be sure your at the front of the pack. Massively cool rides, YES!!!. I will make a post again around april, and try and set up something with everyone. I'm game!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back