How about Durangos?

OCBob

VIPER POWERED
Reaction score
Looking for a used vehicle that will seat 7. No, there's no more kids on the way ! ;) We just run into it a lot where we need to fit 6 or 7 people. Don't want to spend a whole lot of money, under 15k. And of course the newer and the less miles the better.

So how about some suggestions?

I have an 03 havent had any troubles at all. It is before the newer style. Mine has the 3rd row, as I think the newer ones do too. And you should have no problem finding them for under 15k. The Hemis are fast, but if you can live with a the 4.7l isnt to shabby.

My 2 cents. The Durango's are as bad as our Viper Trucks on fuel. If you really need to carry up to 7 comfortably..........look for a Tahoe or Suburban type vehicle.

Black1 said:
One of our good friends has a newer Durango... she LOVES it. But, it does get horrible gas mileage.
I've got a Jeep Commander with the MDS Hemi. My Truck does as good as the Jeep. The Jeep averages about 15 MPG. With the MDS!!!! Plus I hate how it's in and out of MDS all the time. Plus the drive-by-wire sucks. There's a delay to everything. I think I might have been happier with the 4.7.

Didn't realize they were so bad on gas. I like the looks of the newer ones. Found a real cool tool on Edmunds called TMV. Gives you pricing on what used cars are going for.

SilvrSRT10 said:
I've got a Jeep Commander with the MDS Hemi. My Truck does as good as the Jeep. The Jeep averages about 15 MPG. With the MDS!!!! Plus I hate how it's in and out of MDS all the time. Plus the drive-by-wire sucks. There's a delay to everything. I think I might have been happier with the 4.7.

Yeah, I would say.... if you are going to want a first gen Durango... I would get a nice 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 4.7L V8. They are the same price, better looking, and better built (IMO). If you are going to go with the bigger newer Durango, then.... :dontknow: :eek:

I'm looking at a few Jeep GC's (2003-2004) V8's. I don't really think you can beat them for the price, if you can find a nice one. And as long as you don't f*ck with them ;) , they are damn near bullet-proof. Plus they look REAL good with SRT-8 wheels. hehehe :rock:

Attachments

• 20090306-D40-DSC_0239.jpg
    20090306-D40-DSC_0239.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 20
  • CIMG2882.jpg
    CIMG2882.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 22
  • CIMG4634.jpg
    CIMG4634.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 19
Black1 said:
Yeah, I would say.... if you are going to want a first gen Durango... I would get a nice 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 4.7L V8. They are the same price, better looking, and better built (IMO). If you are going to go with the bigger newer Durango, then.... :dontknow: :eek:

I'm looking at a few Jeep GC's (2003-2004) V8's. I don't really think you can beat them for the price, if you can find a nice one. And as long as you don't f*ck with them ;) , they are damn near bullet-proof. Plus they look REAL good with SRT-8 wheels. hehehe :rock:
Is 3rd row seating available in them?

OCBob said:
Yes in the Commander if that does anything for you. I don't know about the GC.
But let me tell you there is no luggage or grocery room behind the third seat in the up position. That's why I said initially that a Tahoe/Suburban might be a better fit.

Last edited:
If you want a usable 3rd seat get the Durango...the Tahoe would cramp a toddler..........my wife has an 06....gas mileage is about 12 in town and maybe 14 hwy....it is a 4.7....the Hemi will do about as good but much more power.......as far as a SUV goes I like it better than most of the others....we drove em all except the rice burners...

OCBob said:

Come to think of it.... No. :eek: No, there is no third row.

But, there is room to sit back there! Hell, we used to call it the "way-way-back" when we were kids. It was the best "seat" in the house! (talking about the old Grand Wagoneer from the 70s-80s.) :D I rode all the way to Florida, sitting on top of the luggage, in the back of wagons and suvs when I was a kid. No seat belts... well, no SEAT! lol

my wife has a nissan pathfinder with the third row seats. folds away real nice when you don't need it and gets an average of 18.5 mpg. we actually got 21.5 last weekend going to hilton head island. 265 hp v6 does pretty good. hers does have a superchip tuner so that helps the gas mileage and performance a little.

OCBob said:
Looking for a used vehicle that will seat 7. No, there's no more kids on the way ! ;) We just run into it a lot where we need to fit 6 or 7 people. Don't want to spend a whole lot of money, under 15k. And of course the newer and the less miles the better.

Get an 84 caprice station wagon with woodgrain sides:D

I had a 05 Durango with the hemi. Very quick for a heavy try. Solid too. Gas was better than my 04hemi QC but only about 1-2mpg. Plenty of room and very safe. I liked the rig alot. If you can find one with what your looking for, go for it.

Chrysler Aspens - 7 people - Hemi engine upgrade

OCBob said:

Maybe something like this ,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.kevinsbusrail.com/greyhound/laidlaw-sb/laidlaw_ic-b.jpg

:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back