How do you afford your 10?

B!acK02ouT

Reaction score
i was just curious to see what all of you do for a living that allows yall to afford a srt.. a 10 is my dream truck and i'd love to have one but i just dont have the funds for one :bawling: i'm still in college and my mommy and daddy aren't rich haha so i can't have any vehicle i want, unfortunately. but hopefully someday i'll be able to get me my dream 10 :rock:

this is what i'm working with right now.. it's not much but its a start. since i can't afford a 10 i just gotta make it look like i can for now lol. i had to work my a$$ off to get it.. good thing about it is it's fully paid off :D i just got a 10 bumper and put it on and i got a McGauphys 2/4 in the mail the other day that im about to put my truck as well. so here's my black beauty so far..

067xs.jpg

get another mommy and daddy?:D

jus jkin bud, stay in school, like he said , it will come, you jsut have to be patient.............ahhhh crap I sound like my parents!

get ten credit cards have a freakin ball and buy a ten:p

there I feel better now:D

dont be a fool stay in school !

you will have one or by the time you can afford one there will be a better and faster mouse trap out there;)

haha for sure guys.. school is my #1 priority!

this post was also kind of a way to help me figure out different routes i might want to take in school. im in that spot where im still not quite sure of where i want to go with school, like what career path i want to go down.

im not gunna worry about getting a 10 any time soon (unless i win the lottery :aetsch: ) gotta get some ideas of how to get my 10 tho ;)

ok i will say this ,,,stay the hell out of plastics manufacturing ,,,pay is good but it will work you to death ;)

I work in the oilfield offshore as a production operator. Wish I would have stayed in school.

viperhauler said:
i'm a contractor....

and i didn't go to school....

i just needed a work truck;)

:D :D

ya sleeping in your truck saves a lot of cash lol :aetsch:

I'm independently wealthy. I only work to keep from being bored.
Bwahahahaha...... I wish.
Actually our trucks are very reasonable right now. The fuel mileage isn't the best but it's not terrible either. I think my truck does as well or better than my Hemi Jeep. Oil changes run around $50 (DIY) or so due to the full synthetic we have to use and the amount (almost 10 quarts). Insurance isn't as bad as you'd think for this kind of power. I don't find my truck to really be all that expensive to maintain.

Now modding is another story all together. It's can be an addiction worse than street drugs.

Ill sell you a cammed and heads hemi engine! THat will get you easily in the 13's!

Troy's QC SRT said:
Ill sell you a cammed and heads hemi engine! THat will get you easily in the 13's!

buying an engine would definitely be out of my p-range right now too lol

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
yeah but you live in a carboard box too:p
hey...i put new cedar chips in it, too:p

if it were up to me, i'da bought 10 acres, a shit ass trailer, and a viper:D

633492573800316574-Priorities.jpg

but i got married, instead....to a great woman who puts up with my shit;) ;) and anyone who's met me and her would agree:D :D

Last edited:
viperhauler said:
hey...i put new cedar chips in it, too:p

if it were up to me, i'da bought 10 acres, a shit ass trailer, and a viper:D

633492573800316574-priorities.jpg

but i got married....to a great woman who puts up with my shit;) ;) and anyone who's met me and her would agree:D :D

I haven't met you or her.... But, she must be a SAINT to put up with yer ass. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back