How do you remove the rear wing tabs

Cablefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm putting a tonneau cover on my bed and need to remove the two black knobs that hold the wing down. I felt around underneath and it feels like a nut is holding it to the bed rail. I tried to loosen the top using a flat head screw driver but started to put more force into it and quickly backed off in fear of breaking it. Any input on how to remove these pins would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Cablefed said:
I'm putting a tonneau cover on my bed and need to remove the two black knobs that hold the wing down. I felt around underneath and it feels like a nut is holding it to the bed rail. I tried to loosen the top using a flat head screw driver but started to put more force into it and quickly backed off in fear of breaking it. Any input on how to remove these pins would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

There was a thread on here yesterday or so about how to mount a wing, maybe you could do it backwards ??? :D

Here it is:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28387&highlight=wing+mount

Good luck ..........

Thanks! It did answer my question, gotta remove the tail lights. Does anyone know what size that nut is? Thanks again!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back