how fast are the new cobras

If you have a Q/C, leave them alone
If you have a R/C, Jump on his ass, you will still get beat just not as bad:rock: :rock:
The Cobras are all supercharged aren't they?????

Last edited:
There are no new cobras. The Shelby GT 500's are quick having been designed for the 1/4 with 500 fi horses. But they are heavy.(around 4000 lbs). So we give them 1000 lbs with the same horsepower. The 6spd cars have essentially our gearboxes but the top 2 gears are lower than ours. They probably have less trouble stock getting the power to hook up. So, fellows, I think we have to think mods to mods rather than stock to stock.

werd. and yes the 2007 with 500 hp. would exhaust sct and intake be enough to play or should i still stay away. (QC)

i dont like to play inless i like the outcome. or i dont like to ask for trouble inless i like the outcome.

Kid,

if you are in a QC you are automatically done for STOCK to STOCK, because of weight for one and you have a automatic.
plus a shelby on mods, you do not have a chance with the QC. unless you got some $$$ under your hood. but FATJACK is right, just stay away and save your gas.

the first time i ran one was when i first bought my truck..i didnt really know the gears all that well an 3rd gear just kept kicking my butt..but i will say we have better top end..we did a jump from around 60-65mph...i was in 3rd an he pulled out about an 1/2 length on me an at about 110 or so i started to real him in it wasnt as fast as i would have liked it..but i know he was stock cause it still had paper plates..an all i had was a magna flow..didnt even have the cats gutted so...if u have a qc...save the gas man

I beat one in my stock QC. Man, he sucked. It all depends on the drivers, but you probably don't have a chance. I think they will run like a 12.8 stock with a good driver.

You can see even with his bad (to say the least) launch, he almost got me.

Like the other guys said... forget about it.

Two things to remember, there clutchs are on or off (very hard to slip) so run from a dig on the street, and they shut off at 147mph, we top out at 156...

12.8 in the quarter is about right with a good driver...if the RC driver is halfass good and the Shelby driver sorry then the RC will win....

..if the Shelby guy sucks at driving the QC will eat his lunch.

There was a Shelby at Bristol a few weeks ago that never broke out of the 14s..

BTW..there are 2 different Shelbys...the GT500 is the fast one and the other is just a slightly modded GT..

damn a LOTTA QC bashing on this thread.... alright... who wants some... :D :p

FATJACK said:
I do, I do, Oh wait, you have the fast one.....shit......

No worries, we should have an unwritten rule to pick on Bandit's Supertank when his tranny blows up... :p :nurse:

I'm not picking on anyone when there stuff pukes, I feel like we are all walking on eggshells anyhow.
( I know you were just joking)

Manic said:
No worries, we should have an unwritten rule to pick on Bandit's Supertank when his tranny blows up... :p :nurse:

:p that tranny blows up again <within a few years> you'll see a 6 speed QC... I don't care what it costs :>...

since i have both i want to jump in here. i love to drive my r/c viper truck best of all the vehicles i have . i just love it BUT IT CANT HANG WITH MY GT500 . I WISH IT COULD BUT WITHOUT SOME SERIOUS MODS IT NOT HAPPENING.

DAVID

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back