How hard is it to get 600/600 NA? And what about TQ converters?

Streetgliderx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How expensive I guess I should say is it to hit 600+tq all motor?

Also what can I expect from a TQ converter. I have never owned a stalled car but I hear it's a great mod for autos.

What stall?
Will it work fine in a stock Trans?
Does the truck have to be re-tuned to the stall size?
How will it affect towing and driveability.

I can blow the tires now easily launching around 2500? So is there any real gain? The truck does lurch forward pretty hard when you put it in drive will it calm that down?

JTSVP has a few. Maybe message him. 600+ on heads/cam and tune

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Mine is 496/498 na.......607/647 @ the wheels on NOS. Bolt ons, JMB cam, 3000 stall Circle D coverter from Venomous 1 racing. Real fun to drive. Tune is very important. Torrie Mcphail @ unleashed tuning can help you with that. Various ways to achieve 600, all depends on what way you want to go...ie supercharger,turbo or nitrous ....and the $$$$$$ good luck

100 shot of nitrous will get you to 600 tq. 800$ for the kit. The "stall" is how high the engine revs before the torque converter locks up. There is no "stall size" nor do you need a tune to change stall rpm of a torque converter. Yes all aftermarket modifications affect drivability, this will effect you mpg greatly.

What you do need is to understand what your torque converter does and how it work in relation to an automatic transmission, try youtube or google. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5G2zQ_3xTc

I know how they work im saying I've never owned one with a higher stall. I don't know how it drives. I know it takes off and flashes at higher rpm but does it affect any other shift characteristics. And what stall size I meant was 2500,2800,3000 ect.

High stall speed torque converter's are great for dragracing. However not so good for bumper-to-bumper traffic. Usually they are used because of a radical cam grind that won't idle below 1,500 rpm. They also let the engine rev up into the power band before the load is applied.

These trucks love a nice 2600-3000 stall and we've done many including one going on 70k miles. Triple disc, billet badass! Daily driving them is no issue whatsoever. The point is to get you into the power band of the engine immediately, and keeps it there. With a nice tranny build and converter the 48re is much more enjoyable.
We've recently made a beast Torque Monster QC with all the goodies and cam only that held it's own against a TT AMG Benz! I told him early on that was our goal, to hand with Momma's Benz and it did just that. Add our CNC heads and more compression and be in SC territory. :burnout:

Turbos create a traction problem! :D I also tried to deal with an SL 63 AMG. he couldnt catch me in 3rd gear. but from the light he melted into the sunset as i tried to gentle into the power..... I need an AMG!

Turbos create a traction problem! :D I also tried to deal with an SL 63 AMG. he couldnt catch me in 3rd gear. but from the light he melted into the sunset as i tried to gentle into the power..... I need an AMG!

That sounds like the car! They raced in normal mode, race mode, a dig and a roll. I know it was a 4 door. :burnout::chain:

I've owned a cl55 for about 8 years now and it gives me the same satisfaction as owning my 10. I do get tired of it sometimes, but when I don't drive it for a while and then I fire it up.....ahhhh I get that loving feeling again.

I haven't raced the two together but I would think the same would happen as you described, from a light my AMG has the giddyup (and some weight advantage)

Similar here. I (meaning my wife) have a CLS550 and even though it isn't nearly as quick as a C63 amg, it is still a very low 13 second car, and very nice to drive. It's apples and oranges with the truck, they're both fun in their own way. To me the truck wins in the fun category.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back