how much is a new oem oil pump....

SinorSwim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just before I put the truck away for the winter, the oil gauge dropped and check gauges light came on when existing the highway. I had the oil changed and it did not do it again. To be safe I think I should just buy a new pump and have it installed in the spring.

how much is a new OEM pump

how much will it cost to have installed

TIA

Sounds electrical like a bad gauge. If the pump failed so would your engine almost immediately. Changing your oil pump is not going to be cheap or easy. The engine light came on because the gauge told it to, but that doesn't mean the gauge is right. That's my guess I would have someone put a mechanical gauge on it just to compare the readings, if I remember these pumps are very expensive. I doubt your pump failed and then magically started working after an oil change. Did the engine knock at all when this happened? We need more details... Oh yeah check for corrosion on your ground plugs, there are more than a few by the way

Last edited:
the oill pump is part of the front cover on the engine, approximate cost $1000,
but take yours off, send it to arrow racing, swap it for the upgraded model, for around $6-700

nto a prob buddy, hollar if ya need any info, but it is the whole front cover that will need to be taken off and replaced unfortunatly

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back