How to clean rubber off paint

34bud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After playing last weekend with the Drag radials the truck is a mess. I was told by a regular drag racer to use WD-40 any ideas

hmmm i've been wonderig the same thing i've got some rubber i need off also

wd-40 to remove the rubber light degreaser to remover the wd-40 (not dish soap car soap) then re-apply some wax. Thats what I would do anyways, also remove any debrie before hand like stuck on rocks and such.

I use bounce (dryer sheets). Works pretty good. Then I put a coat of wax on afterwards. Had to pull this off last friday:

IMG_2158.jpg

use rejex first and it will jsut wipe off afterwards, but then again I am a little biased, I sell it, but it works:D

I have rubber on my truck from two summers ago! And WD-40 isn't cutting it!! Its not as bad as Pauls truck,but in the wheel wells and on the edges on the box fenders!!

Another suggestion I saw was lighter fluid. It cuts the gunk even better than WD-40. Just don't be smoking when you do this. You'll need to wash the area afterwords and wax it.

SilvrSRT10 said:
Another suggestion I saw was lighter fluid. It cuts the gunk even better than WD-40. Just don't be smoking when you do this. You'll need to wash the area afterwords and wax it.
with rejex youdont have to wax it is wax bwwwahahhshs what up dave?:D

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
with rejex youdont have to wax it is wax bwwwahahhshs what up dave?:D
I'm sure Rejex is a great product and I think someone who needs that protection for bugs and tar/shredded tires should get some. :rock:

I was merely suggesting something that he could get his hands on quickly and locally to work on his cleaning.

SilvrSRT10 said:
I'm sure Rejex is a great product and I think someone who needs that protection for bugs and tar/shredded tires should get some. :rock:

I was merely suggesting something that he could get his hands on quickly and locally to work on his cleaning.
i am jsut messin with ya buddy, maybe I will send ya some with the dealeo I got to send ya here when I get it;)

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
i am jsut messin with ya buddy, maybe I will send ya some with the dealeo I got to send ya here when I get it;)
Yeah, if you could get them to supply you with some sample packs, that would be great. Since it's not very well known, it would help to try it before you buy it.

I saw you spoke about using it as a pre-treatment to prevent bugs and tar from sticking but is it just as good at cleaning them off when it wasn't pre applied?

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
Yeah, if you could get them to supply you with some sample packs, that would be great. Since it's not very well know, it would help to try it before you buy it.
consider it done:D

Stop at your local auto paint supplier and pick up a gallon of their house brand Wax and Grease remover. Safe for all paint and bare metals i.e. aluminum. Wipes right off...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back