how to get oem radio up and running with fact sub/amp?

Floor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I decide to rip the factory audio out and replace it with GOOD quality stuff I wanted to install a SONY radio CD in meantime which was laying arround from my previous car.
Got an dash adaptor (Metra) and wiring conversion kit.... for a RAM 1500 (no sub). Result; Radio is powered but no sound !:confused: :dontknow:
Probably something to do with the AMP powering all speakers?
Is there an aftermarket wiring kit for RAM SRT's or does anyone know how I can get this party started? :D

let's bring this back ttt of the new post lists for our people from my morning session....:D :p (6.30 am here now)

Stinker said:
floor pm Eddie102870 I think he may know what ya need bruddha

I also need +1000 RWHP :D but this will do for now.:D
Thks stink !:rock: appreciate yr help.

nah, re installed the RBQ for the time being (CD changer is broken, radio still works). Been busy at work, haven't found the time to look at it....
First install the other pending mod's when I get them:rock:

I tried to replace my factory amp with a better aftermarket one, and found out that the stock one is digital. so perhaps you need an analog/digital converter - or replace the crappy factory amp!

The only way to get an after market radio to work with the factory system is to bypass the factory amp behind the glove box which requires you to pull the glove box assembly out and cut some wires. There are a few signals that the factory unit sends to the factory amp in order to work. An aftermarket unit will not plug and play with the factory amp. Metra does make a wiring kit just for this bypass but then you run into the delima of running incorrect frequencies to the correct speakers since the factory amp has a crossover built in it to distribute the correct frequencies to the correct speakers.

Bottom line if you want to add an after market head unit a rewire is required not only behind the dash but behind the glove box. The factory amp MUST be bypassed. There is one other option that will work with the factory amp but that will cost you a pretty penny for that component and it would be better to go with an after maket amp and head unit. Cheers.

Im using the Factory deck, and amps, that feed a Rockford 3Sixty.2 unit, you can get them for about $500 bones, it totally flattens the goofy signals out of the OEM decks and amps, and then feeds those signals to my Rockford Amps, and Boston Mids/High, and sub.

Sounds awesome, and the entire system is controlled via blue tooth from my laptop via really cool graphical EQ interface, with 125 bands of tuning.

Scott.

Desert Viper said:
:dontknow: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep_pages.php?page_id=79

This is what you need. Especially if you want to do it remotely right...:dontknow:

ZCx said:
i would have to say :bs:

i started off with the CL144 back in April AND still don't have any tunes and hard pressed to find anyone who knows why & how to fix it:(

You still got nothin'?
Your running factory head unit with aftermarket amps, right?

I am being told that to get an aftermarket radio to work with the factory amp, I need this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120CHT...ce.html?search=CHTO02&tp=3486&tab=other_items

I was also told I could get a different wiring harness that would just use the amp built into the radio and bypass the stock amp.

What do you guys think? I've been without a radio for a while now and am getting tired of singing to myself or arguing with myself (pretending I'm listening to talk radio)

I will get you the info on the harness they hooked me up with. No problems at all. easy install.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back