humidity causes truck to run like crap

Soapy00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that when it's humid the rpms dropping between gear shifts are random. For instance, i'll roll in to first and it'll grip before it catches unless I go up to 1000rpm to roll in to first. The next shift could drop super fast go to in to second which causes a bang, shift to third will drop slow and cause it to bang by catching up the rpm to the shift. Am I explaining this right? It only happens in hot weather. When it's no humidity and 70 degrees out, it drives perfect. TPS issue?

So after you replaced the tps it was fine in humidity?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Side note. It's always 70% humidity or above where I am seems like so it was a near constant problem tillies I swapped tps.

It's srt specific but any local parts store has it. Also disconnect battery for computer to reset.

Is this an easy job? I was going to run out and pick up the TPS to replace mine. Anyone have any instructions on what to do to replace it?

Awesome! Thanks! And disconnect the battery when doing this will reset to have it relearn right?

Awesome! Thanks! And disconnect the battery when doing this will reset to have it relearn right?

Disconnect and touch the terminals together.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back