Hummer H2

guinnessboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody have any experience with these or any stories to tell, my girlfriend is looking at getting one and its a truck i know nothing about, except they upgraded the engine to the 6.3 liter 396 HP 6 speed tranny and changed the interior

I was considering getting one before I got my Toyota Cruiser (traded in for the LR3) ...... They are hated by almost every one in cali they get vandalized often ..... women get harassed by the green peace type when they are by them self's and also expect to get the finger daily ..... gas milage is on par with the SRT-10's .... I joined three different Hummer forums to gather this info.

You must be refering to the 08's. My daily driver is an 05 H2 SUT, and it is definetly lacking a lil in performance, the upgraded engine for 08 was needed. Mine gets better gas mileage than the SRT and is definetly more comfortable, roomy, better ride and more options. (Just not as much FUN!)For me the truck works great and it has good offroad capabilities in stock form. Unless you need a 3rd row I definetly recomend the SUT (back seat folds down to make the bed larger if needed, similiar to the avalanches but a lil smaller). The SUT's look sooo much cooler than the regular boxes out there imo. You would also be surprised at the turning radius, my SUT has a short wheel base and its pretty easy to park for a truck that size. Only down side I've notice is what the magazines refer to as "armored truck" visability.. at first I loved the feel of the short windows and windshield but I do find myself leaning forward to look "underneath" the windshield. Is your girlfriend short? my wife has hit a fourwheeler or two pulling into the garage, these things are wide! she almost looks funny driving it pulling herself up over the steering wheel checking for clearances, and she isnt all that short.

VNM PWRD said:
I was considering getting one before I got my Toyota Cruiser (traded in for the LR3) ...... They are hated by almost every one in cali they get vandalized often ..... women get harassed by the green peace type when they are by them self's and also expect to get the finger daily ..... gas milage is on par with the SRT-10's .... I joined three different Hummer forums to gather this info.

All depends where you live. Ive never got the finger, vandalized or anything of the sort. just thumbs up and waves. Of course I'm in a small city where no one cares and offroading is huge.

VIPER D.N.A said:
All depends where you live. Ive never got the finger, vandalized or anything of the sort. just thumbs up and waves. Of course I'm in a small city where no one cares and offroading is huge.
I test drove a few:rock::rock::rock:

I have a '04 H2. I think its a little under powered with the 316 hp, but it runs good. Have had no problems with it 45k on it now. Not as much room as our old denali had. Still get lots of attention if you can believe that. Took it to Disneyland and had a lot of people checking it out. People here in my area think I'm rich.lol Never had anyone give me the California hello, but my sister got flipped off all the time in Salsileto tree hugger country in hers. Going to need tires soon. Still have OE brakes pads with lots of pad left. Gas milage sucks.

guinnessboy said:
anybody have any experience with these or any stories to tell, my girlfriend is looking at getting one and its a truck i know nothing about, except they upgraded the engine to the 6.3 liter 396 HP 6 speed tranny and changed the interior
Yeah they definitely need that to help the vehicle get up to legal cruising speed. Its like driving a tank.

Those little bastards are so freaking stupid. They hate hummers for bad gas milage, but trucks that get the same milage are ok. I don't get it. Bunch of stupid fks.

she is 5'10 so i dont think the height thing is going to be a problem...the problem i have is i think im going to want to drive the thing all the time!!!!!!! the new interior is sweet!!!

sleeper said:
Those little bastards are so freaking stupid. They hate hummers for bad gas milage, but trucks that get the same milage are ok. I don't get it. Bunch of stupid fks.

BERZERKELEY ATTITUDE FOR YA!!!

guinnessboy said:
she is 5'10 so i dont think the height thing is going to be a problem...the problem i have is i think im going to want to drive the thing all the time!!!!!!! the new interior is sweet!!!

The new ones are nice!

Wow, never seen that site before. It is sad that the Hummer has became a "flagship" for bad gas mileage. imo those fkn idiots need to get a life. They are hypocrites and non informed. I read somewhere (hummer forum, maybe)that the development of so called "hybrids", more specifically the materials created and used is much worse of an impact on the environment than centuries of traditional gas powered emissions. Anybody have any info on this? Just Curious.
The H2 just gives them something to point at and whine. If one of those hippy a$$hls flipped me off they better be in a REAL fast car.

i personally am not a fan of the h2's but i prefer the alpha's the h1's reason i got a 1987 ex military h1 i am rebuilding now its a true tank lol mostly just working on a good strong diesel motor for it.

i have never been a fan of them....the new interior is really nice, a huge upgrade, and the new engine is a huuuuge difference...gas mileage went up with the 6 speed tranny.

VIPER D.N.A said:
The new ones are nice!

Wow, never seen that site before. It is sad that the Hummer has became a "flagship" for bad gas mileage. imo those fkn idiots need to get a life. They are hypocrites and non informed. I read somewhere (hummer forum, maybe)that the development of so called "hybrids", more specifically the materials created and used is much worse of an impact on the environment than centuries of traditional gas powered emissions. Anybody have any info on this? Just Curious.
The H2 just gives them something to point at and whine. If one of those hippy a$$hls flipped me off they better be in a REAL fast car.

Building a Toyota Prius causes more environmental damage than a Hummer that is on the road for three times longer than a Prius. As already noted, the Prius is partly driven by a battery which contains nickel. The nickel is mined and smelted at a plant in Sudbury, Ontario. This plant has caused so much environmental damage to the surrounding environment that NASA has used the ‘dead zone’ around the plant to test moon rovers. The area around the plant is devoid of any life for miles.
The plant is the source of all the nickel found in a Prius’ battery and Toyota purchases 1,000 tons annually. Dubbed the Superstack, the plague-factory has spread sulfur dioxide across northern Ontario, becoming every environmentalist’s nightmare.
“The acid rain around Sudbury was so bad it destroyed all the plants and the soil slid down off the hillside,†said Canadian Greenpeace energy-coordinator David Martin during an interview with Mail, a British-based newspaper.
All of this would be bad enough in and of itself; however, the journey to make a hybrid doesn’t end there. The nickel produced by this disastrous plant is shipped via massive container ship to the largest nickel refinery in Europe. From there, the nickel hops over to China to produce ‘nickel foam.’ From there, it goes to Japan. Finally, the completed batteries are shipped to the United States, finalizing the around-the-world trip required to produce a single Prius battery. Are these not sounding less and less like environmentally sound cars and more like a farce?
Wait, I haven’t even got to the best part yet.
When you pool together all the combined energy it takes to drive and build a Toyota Prius, the flagship car of energy fanatics, it takes almost 50 percent more energy than a Hummer - the Prius’s arch nemesis.
Through a study by CNW Marketing called “Dust to Dust,†the total combined energy is taken from all the electrical, fuel, transportation, materials (metal, plastic, etc) and hundreds of other factors over the expected lifetime of a vehicle. The Prius costs an average of $3.25 per mile driven over a lifetime of 100,000 miles - the expected lifespan of the Hybrid.
The Hummer, on the other hand, costs a more fiscal $1.95 per mile to put on the road over an expected lifetime of 300,000 miles. That means the Hummer will last three times longer than a Prius and use less combined energy doing it.
So, if you are really an environmentalist - ditch the Prius. Instead, buy one of the most economical cars available - a Toyota Scion xB. The Scion only costs a paltry $0.48 per mile to put on the road. If you are still obsessed over gas mileage - buy a Chevy Aveo and fix that lead foot.
One last fun fact for you: it takes five years to offset the premium price of a Prius. Meaning, you have to wait 60 months to save any money over a non-hybrid car because of lower gas expenses.

VNM PWRD said:
Building a Toyota Prius causes more environmental damage than a Hummer that is on the road for three times longer than a Prius. As already noted, the Prius is partly driven by a battery which contains nickel. The nickel is mined and smelted at a plant in Sudbury, Ontario. This plant has caused so much environmental damage to the surrounding environment that NASA has used the ‘dead zone’ around the plant to test moon rovers. The area around the plant is devoid of any life for miles.
The plant is the source of all the nickel found in a Prius’ battery and Toyota purchases 1,000 tons annually. Dubbed the Superstack, the plague-factory has spread sulfur dioxide across northern Ontario, becoming every environmentalist’s nightmare.
“The acid rain around Sudbury was so bad it destroyed all the plants and the soil slid down off the hillside,†said Canadian Greenpeace energy-coordinator David Martin during an interview with Mail, a British-based newspaper.
All of this would be bad enough in and of itself; however, the journey to make a hybrid doesn’t end there. The nickel produced by this disastrous plant is shipped via massive container ship to the largest nickel refinery in Europe. From there, the nickel hops over to China to produce ‘nickel foam.’ From there, it goes to Japan. Finally, the completed batteries are shipped to the United States, finalizing the around-the-world trip required to produce a single Prius battery. Are these not sounding less and less like environmentally sound cars and more like a farce?
Wait, I haven’t even got to the best part yet.
When you pool together all the combined energy it takes to drive and build a Toyota Prius, the flagship car of energy fanatics, it takes almost 50 percent more energy than a Hummer - the Prius’s arch nemesis.
Through a study by CNW Marketing called “Dust to Dust,†the total combined energy is taken from all the electrical, fuel, transportation, materials (metal, plastic, etc) and hundreds of other factors over the expected lifetime of a vehicle. The Prius costs an average of $3.25 per mile driven over a lifetime of 100,000 miles - the expected lifespan of the Hybrid.
The Hummer, on the other hand, costs a more fiscal $1.95 per mile to put on the road over an expected lifetime of 300,000 miles. That means the Hummer will last three times longer than a Prius and use less combined energy doing it.
So, if you are really an environmentalist - ditch the Prius. Instead, buy one of the most economical cars available - a Toyota Scion xB. The Scion only costs a paltry $0.48 per mile to put on the road. If you are still obsessed over gas mileage - buy a Chevy Aveo and fix that lead foot.
One last fun fact for you: it takes five years to offset the premium price of a Prius. Meaning, you have to wait 60 months to save any money over a non-hybrid car because of lower gas expenses.

hehe, thanks!
Now if we all had no life what so ever, we could spread that around to all the hippy and prius sites. But.. I've go better things to do.

p.s. don't show that to prof... or maybe do, I'd be interested in his opinion

I personally would go Denali, I like the looks more!

Back