Hydro Dipping - Plastic Parts

phillc

Reaction score
I want to have my door handles, mirrors, and cowl matched to the truck this spring. Would hydro dipping be an option? How would it work on the textured plastic? How durable would it be? Could the color (06 Night Runner) be paint matched?

Any input appreciated!

Thanks, Phill.

I want to have my door handles, mirrors, and cowl matched to the truck this spring. Would hydro dipping be an option? How would it work on the textured plastic? How durable would it be? Could the color (06 Night Runner) be paint matched?

Any input appreciated!

Thanks, Phill.

We can indeed dip anything you'd like and use the NightRunner black as background. If you don't want a pattern they're smoothed painted and cleared. I recommend new handles from a Grand Cherokee that are made smooth and paintable ;)

We can indeed dip anything you'd like and use the NightRunner black as background. If you don't want a pattern they're smoothed painted and cleared. I recommend new handles from a Grand Cherokee that are made smooth and paintable ;)

What year GC? I like the thought of painted but keepin stockers.

Thanks for the replies! Good info to think on.

What year GC? I like the thought of painted but keepin stockers.

99-04, they are still available from the dealer but are being discontinued and some colors are no longer available.

I sanded mine with 80 then 320 then 600 wet then primed and sanded again then painted. They look good too

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back