i have (2) broken sensors

SHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found that i have (2) broken sensors on my wrecked 04 SRT 10 i was wondering if someone could give me the part #s for these so i dont sound like an idiot telling the dealer what i need.

thanks everyone in advance

cellpics158.jpg

the sensor is the blurry one in the back

cellpics157.jpg

these are both on the drivers side of the engine

coolant temp sensor and the MAP sensor! not sure the part#'s

thank you very much thats good enough for me

Your Welcome Sir

dont call me sir, i work for a living LOL

You either are or spent time as Enlisted

no but my grandfather was a military man so i guess it just rubbed off hearing him say it

Changed both the sensors and the engine doesnt want to start, battery voltage was weak so i unplugged the coolant temp sensor and it started right up with a jump but still high idle. Is this a voltage problem? Any ideas are appreciated thanks

so let me get this straight, You changed the sensors . tried to start the truck but it wouldn't turnover,so you unplugged the coolant temp. sensor and then jumpered it and it started. hmm.... did you try to start it with the sensor plugged in and then jumper it?... I think you have a battery problem. Plug in the sensors then jumper start the truck. see how that works.

the truck turned over with the sensors plugged in but wouldnt fire then after i got frustrated and came back i unplugged the sensor and jumped it to see if there was a change and it started. would the coolent temp sensor cause high idle this is the biggest thing i am trying to fix right now, i always associate vacuum leak with high idle but i see no leaks. im thinking of getting a better battery for it to try, it is an older battery

Truck Idles Perfectly But Will Not Start With The Sensors Plugged In. any Ideas What Could Be wrong?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back