I have a Lowering question

BADASS-SRT-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 05 RC with the x-metal 1" front, 2" rear lowering kit. My question is if I can put a 3" block on the rear to make it level? A guy at a truck shop said that was a bad idea because of how much torque the truck puts out. He said something about the leafs sliding or snaping out at any time that I slam the gas on the truck. Is this guy right? Has anybody done this?

BADASS-SRT- said:
I have a 05 RC with the x-metal 1" front, 2" rear lowering kit. My question is if I can put a 3" block on the rear to make it level? A guy at a truck shop said that was a bad idea because of how much torque the truck puts out. He said something about the leafs sliding or snaping out at any time that I slam the gas on the truck. Is this guy right? Has anybody done this?
you can bud, want really hurt anything, but use a solid block, and larger u bolts.
if you still have the x shocks......put your oem bilsteins back on;)

the only prob with 3 inch blocks is the driveshaft gets really close to bottoming in the tranny tailhousing.

would installin leveling shackles work? i believe those give you about an inch too.

Stinker said:
you can bud, want really hurt anything, but use a solid block, and larger u bolts.
if you still have the x shocks......put your oem bilsteins back on;)

the only prob with 3 inch blocks is the driveshaft gets really close to bottoming in the tranny tailhousing.
What is the benefit of replacing the x shocks with the OE bilstein stock ones.

the x shocks are basically a non expensive version of monroe magnum shocks, the oem bilstiens are a ton better, and last jsut about the lifetime of the truck. Plus the oem shocks are valved specifically for the SRT 10

oh ok.. I will definately make that change. Thanks for the helpful info

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back