I just bought a Noble....a what?!!!!!

yomike

Reaction score
I am a very proud owner of a 2005 QC SRT-10, but recently my business partner and I signed a pretty good size contract (I patened the cleargreasegun.com) and he purchased a Ferrari 360 Modena and I thought that perhaps I might want a car that will run circles around his, and I chose a Noble. I know you are thinking a "what"?!!! But check out the stats on the M400 and here is a link from Road and Track: http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=7&article_id=3180
I know it has a F-word engine.....but look at the entire car, and its crazy specs! I get it sometime in Jan. and I can't wait. I know it doesn't carry the Ferrari badge, and it isn't the same status symbol, but I look at performance over status. Please share your thoughts....good or bad decision?
Thanks,
Mike

looks like fun. id say good decision. post up when you get it

I did a hefty amount of research on the noble m-400....called 1gracing....got the info....joined their forum....talked many times to Dean....etc....etc...

Performance wise....you will smoke 99% of the cars on the road...period....

I passed on the car as it was a major pain in the ass to Register in California...

Resale is almost as bad as one of these trucks too....:D .....

But get one....add some nitrous and you are a 10 second car....:rock:

Note:

If you don't take delivery before Jan 1st.....you will not be able to register it or drive it legally in California until the following year....2008.....:(

You need a Specialty Built exemption from the DMV and all exemtions for the year are gone on the 1st business day after New Years....

I agree it seems like a lot of trouble with the emmisions, but I spoke with Dean, and he assured me I can get a SB100(emission free status) taken care of. I went with the diamond black exterior and black interior with black rims.
I did get Dean to tell me that if I cant get the SB100 form taken care of he will refund my money.
Thanks,
Mike

yomike said:
I agree it seems like a lot of trouble with the emmisions, but I spoke with Dean, and he assured me I can get a SB100(emission free status) taken care of. I went with the diamond black exterior and black interior with black rims.
I did get Dean to tell me that if I cant get the SB100 form taken care of he will refund my money.
Thanks,
Mike

you can't get a SB100 without the car....so you need it in your hands on the 2nd or 3rd....whatever day the DMV opens.....the SB100s are gone in 5 hours.....for the year.....

I agree. I was assured (by Dean) that I would have no issues, and all I have to do is be there waiting EARLY on Jan 2nd. and I will have all the paperwork with me, and that I can have the car inspected anytime during the year.

yomike said:
I agree. I was assured (by Dean) that I would have no issues, and all I have to do is be there waiting EARLY on Jan 2nd. and I will have all the paperwork with me, and that I can have the car inspected anytime during the year.

Right on.....very happy for you....the car is sick and we will have to meet up so I can go for a ride....:D ....

The black alcantara inside is beautiful....

The guys on the noble forum have tips on what to do on the 2nd....phone numbers to Sacramento etc.....

These cars come stock with forged internals and a quaiffe rear end.....:rock:

Wow, Thanks for the responses......I didn't know that they were as popular as they seem to be. I am very excited to get it! I will keep you all posted as soon as I get it!

yomike said:
Wow, Thanks for the responses......I didn't know that they were as popular as they seem to be. I am very excited to get it! I will keep you all posted as soon as I get it!

You have to remember that we are a strange bunch of gear heads on this site.

Cool Deal
I do hope that they have worked on some of the cooling issues . I have know a couple ppl with them but neither one was ever street driven ,they were both race cars . One was going to come in and we going to add some vents to releave some of the heat but what he wanted and what would work were 2 differant things and with the full belley pan # 2 (Ithink) turbo was running too hot . They are a blast to drive :D
Have A Kind Day
Mike

A friend of mine has one in Orlando.
It's a BADASS little ride. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

good friend of mine in belfast has a noble m400....there quite popular over here.....spent quite a bit of time driving it on both road and track.....your going to absolutely LOVE it!! engine response electric, and u just think it round corners!!his has had no probs in 12k miles but would recommend rust proofing the underside as the factory stuff is rubbish!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back