I need advise... ASAP

QueLoca

Reaction score
Hey, I'm so upset and I need advise if anyone has any to give.I Valet my car Saturday night and didn't realize till Sunday morning they had wrecked my car. My tail light is shattered, I have a hole in my back bumper, and it looks like my bumper is going to have to be completely replaced. The cops gave me a police report to fill out myself. I was just wondering if there is anything else I can do?

I'm so angry. :mad:

well, first off, i would go back to the place you had it valeted and check the property for pieces of your vehicle.....of course if you ask them, they are not going to take responsibility for it....not to be a jerk, but part of the blame is on your for not doing the "walk around" after they brought it to you.....im sure that will be thier stance as well....sorry about your troubles, hope it all works out.

Take pictures if pieces are found

The Valet service is suppose to have insurance for stuff like this. I would go to the valet booth where you parked your truck and ask to speak to the owner of the service. He probably won't be there but they can put you in touch. After you get ahold of him be calm and cool and let him know his boys or another customer ran into your truck and you want to have it fixxed. Also let him know you are about to file a police report. Chances are he will tell you that you wrecked it or try to divert blame. Remind him of the vehicle you drive and you would not run into stuff on purpose. Stick to your ground and let full blame fall on them.

At the club I run we have a valet service out front with young guys that love to hot rod cars in and out of the pickup zones and they are responsible for the car even after the fact if you notice damage. We had a Bentley that got rear ended by one of the guys running the service and they tried to cover it up. I know the owner of the car and told him I saw everything as well as the owner of the service. The insurance from the valet service ended up paying for it. It was not cheap and the boy got fired for trying to cover it. Also see if the area where you were parked has cameras and or people the hold a post maybe someone else saw something. Good Luck!

I know its my fault for not doing the walk around. I was out celebrating my birthday. That was the last thing on my mind. :(

yeah, sometimes we all get caught up in the moment of fun....thats prolly why alot of us are here now....anyway...the cameras is a good idea..check the tapes if they have them....

Cablefed said:
The Valet service is suppose to have insurance for stuff like this. I would go to the valet booth where you parked your truck and ask to speak to the owner of the service. He probably won't be there but they can put you in touch. After you get ahold of him be calm and cool and let him know his boys or another customer ran into your truck and you want to have it fixxed. Also let him know you are about to file a police report. Chances are he will tell you that you wrecked it or try to divert blame. Remind him of the vehicle you drive and you would not run into stuff on purpose. Stick to your ground and let full blame fall on them.

At the club I run we have a valet service out front with young guys that love to hot rod cars in and out of the pickup zones and they are responsible for the car even after the fact if you notice damage. We had a Bentley that got rear ended by one of the guys running the service and they tried to cover it up. I know the owner of the car and told him I saw everything as well as the owner of the service. The insurance from the valet service ended up paying for it. It was not cheap and the boy got fired for trying to cover it. Also see if the area where you were parked has cameras and or people the hold a post maybe someone else saw something. Good Luck!

i think alot of that depends on the integrity of the valet service and the owners of the facility....

wheredwhogo? said:
yeah, sometimes we all get caught up in the moment of fun....thats prolly why alot of us are here now....anyway...the cameras is a good idea..check the tapes if they have them....

Crap, I was just typing the same thing til I read yours. Check to see if any place the possible scene of the crime has security cameras.

The Camera idea is great. I already went back to the scene and found no trace of my car being damaged in the area. I'm going to call the shopping center where they parked the cars to see if they have camera info. Thank you so much.

Let this be a lesson to ya'.....

If you value your car, never give ANYONE the keys to it..... Let alone a moron kid from valet parking....

Didn't you see "Ferris Beuller's Day Off".............?

Sorry you had to pay so dearly for the lapse in judgement.

D

I'm with Tim on this one: No valet, ever.

You should have seen the UFC fight going on at the valet booth when I pulled into the hotel in Niagara Falls. I did my best not to laugh, but failed.
When I told the 'winner' that no one drives the truck but me, he explained that the public parking was 3 blocks away.

Fine. No problem.

I'll do it every time.

My first BRAND NEW car was a '76 Camaro. I cherished this vehicle, as my family wasn't much in a position to buy new cars all that often. I attended a function with valet parking and lo and behold, the car came around the bend with a horrible knock! Sounded as if the lower end would let go any minute. The car was immediately shut down, left on the property overnight. (great evidence) The next day it was towed away (more evidence) and brought to the selling dealer. Apparently what the irresponsible youth had accomplished was drive some carbon down a cylinder wall, throw a belt, and bend a pully. The car was repaired,(they ran a cleaner through it) fixed the pully and belt. Even though it could have been a lot worse,The valet service refused to admit guilt and make good on my expenses ,caused by their service. Since the damages were less than $1500 (remember this is 30 yrs ago) , I sued in small claims court (with out a lawyer). I presented my evidence, tow receipts, repair bills, etc. The judge ruled in my favor, forcing the service to pay. So, a couple of things here, first, the "walk around", before you release the keys, lets them know you are looking (you may nicely ask the attendant if he wants to take a look ), second, I usually take my '98 Crown Vic, third, you probably will have to sue because the service will not roll over (if you decide to persue this). Finally, if you present a good case to the judge, you'll have a good shot at coming out on top. At the very least, you will get their attention, and force them into court spending time and money. :) PS, or, you can do like Kevan, nobody drives your vehicle but you.

Last edited:
I do not trust valet services at all. I won't even let them park my 99 V6 Dakota.

Bill.

I get sick just thinking how you felt when you saw the damage.
Happy birthday by the way....

If it's less than a grand fix it and move on lesson learned.
Your blood pressure among other things will appreciate it as no one is going to pay for it when you show back up the next day ,week etc and can't find evidence of an accident on their property any more than you would in their situation.
It's only a Dodge and not a 70 Hemi Cuda either so let them Valet kids have a little fun :bike:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back