I need help with mods

VegasViper

Reaction score
I have installed K&N CAI, Borla cat-back, and just picked up Stage II PCM, 170 T-Stat, and O2 sensors for the cat-delete. I need to find a good place to get the mids in a bad way. I noticed some of you got them from X-metal, or Mopar, whats the differences and opinions on these? Also I want to change the gears and I was thinking about the 4.88s after reading the thread charting them out. oh, and line lock, got to have that. So, I need input and fast. I want to be at the strip on Sept. 15th for the last test and tune run here before the VOI. I could also use advice on other suggested mods.

I'd go with X-Metal's if you're keeping the stock manifolds. Boomer at X-Metal also carries the Mopar ones if you prefer to stay Mopar.

If you are going with headers you can usually get mids with them. I got Belanger Headers and Mids as a pkg on mine.

Welcome to the board. :rock:

First, welcome to the forum!

Now, as for mids, we have 2 vendors that sell them, X-Metal, and Venom Motorsports Direct (closed for a little while though). I would get the mids w/ the 02 sims. Then, if you plan on staying N/A, then go to 4:88's and some even suggest 5.13's...maybe some will chime in w/ those gears. I personally would get rims and slicks if you plan on drag racing...

You can fit 17 / 18's without grinding the calipers and put cheater slicks on there from M&H (also a vendor). Or, you can grind and put a 16" w/ a true drag slick (also from M&H) which provides the best traction.

Line lock is the bast for saving parts (rear end parts), you can order from summit or jegs. Installation is fairly simple and no worries on the ABS system, all is well!

Thanks

Patrick

It's a RC and by the way funny news, I took my truck in to have it checked out since it seemed a bit sluggish,:dontknow: well truth is it was a total DOG!!! I ran 1/4 in 18.071 @ 74.6 mph !!!!! WTF!!! Found out that it came from the factory with out a tensioner on the throttle cable. So when I stepped on the gas I never got more than partial power. So, if I like the truck before.... I can't wait to get it back tomarrow.:rock:

Nowwhat said:
Don't forget the Caltracs....good for at least 2 tenths....
Glad to hear that something is...............:D Better talk to your old lady...She doesnt see it :dontknow: :D :2in1:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back