I need help!!!!!!

hemibates

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I need help. Last year in May I installed the mopar long tube headers with catless mids, and the SCT programmer on mid tune. Well all was well then I installed the Roe Racing throtle body and alls still good. Well I dont drive my truck daily so I didnt notice anything for a while. Then one day the RPM's drop to like 500 and I give it gas and it backfires through the intake plenum. So I kill it start it back up and alls good. Well this only happend maybe 2-3 times over the past year. Well last week it started doing this alot then the check engine light came on. So I plug in my SCT and do a code check and it says p0132 (02 sensor 1/1 driver side upstream). So I change it and it doesnt fix it. Still runs bad and backfires (mainly when A/C on:dontknow: ) and check engine light came back on. Could this have anything to do with the throtle body position sensor? Any ideas? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Possible Causes:​

O2 1/1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE
O2 RETURN UPSTREAM CIRCUIT SHORTED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE
O2 1/1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN
O2 RETURN UPSTREAM CIRCUIT OPEN
O2 SENSOR​
PCM

I would look for melted wires or connectors first, since you did some exhaust work.

WOT said:
Possible Causes:​

O2 1/1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE
O2 RETURN UPSTREAM CIRCUIT SHORTED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE
O2 1/1 SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN
O2 RETURN UPSTREAM CIRCUIT OPEN
O2 SENSOR​
PCM

I would look for melted wires or connectors first, since you did some exhaust work.

I checked the wires when I changed the 02 sensor. The real confusing thing is that I drove 80 miles on the interstate with no issues. As soon as I got in town and stop n go traffic. It started again. That's why I don't get it and thought maybe it was the throtle body?

That code is for driver's side upstream 02 sensor showing more than 3.99 volts for more than 40 seconds. That typically means that the wiring has a problem, or the sensor is somehow shorted inside allowing the O2 heater voltage to travel up the signal wire. Water in the O2 connector or anywhere else in the wires going to/from the PCM to the O2 sensor could do this as well. Maybe the AC condensate drain tube is driping on some bare wire somewhere?

I would see if the wirng is burned or frayed somewhere. You might have to check all the way up to the computer. I doubt it has anything to do with the TB, but anything is possible.

Last edited:
WOT said:
That code is for driver's side upstream 02 sensor showing more than 3.99 volts for more than 40 seconds. That typically means that the wiring has a problem, or the sensor is somehow shorted inside allowing the O2 heater voltage to travel up the signal wire. Water in the O2 connector or anywhere else in the wires going to/from the PCM to the O2 sensor could do this as well. Maybe the AC condensate drain tube is driping on some bare wire somewhere?

I would see if the wirng is burned or frayed somewhere. You might have to check all the way up to the computer. I doubt it has anything to do with the TB, but anything is possible.

WOT. Thanks 4 all your help. I'm gonna look again tomorrow for the wires. You have put my mind at ease. I was freakin out a little and my wife was getting annoid by me.

Hey I know what you mean. When I first got my truck, I had to pull the intake manifold off so that I could replace the entire wiring harness from the PCM all the way back to the transmission with every engine wire going to all the fuel injectors, coils, all the sensors, etc. A rat had gotten into it and chewed the wires up everywhere. It was a massive undertaking. Then, last week I had my tranny disassembled in my driveway.

My wife commented that it sure seems like I have to do alot of work for a fairly new truck that is under warranty...

When I start to get too obsessed about something on the truck, she just rolls her eyes now.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back