I need your input on a race between......

kickinassrt-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On saturday I let my younger bro take my truck to his work....today he tells me that a valet where he works has a 2008 Mustang GT and he wants to race my truck at a track for $200 because he swears up and down he can beat my truck.....I told my brother he's on I'll even give him a car length...I think that unless he has a supercharger/turbo or bored engine he has no chance.....even if he has exhaust and intake with ECU he still has no chance.....btw my truck is stock except intake and rear cat delete....will it even be a close race or should I take his $200 and I said to tell him if he loses he also pays my track fee:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

you might need a stageII to beat him. not sure what 08's run, but my 00 ran 13.9@101 with just an intake.

if its an auto i wouldnt worry.

A stock 08 Mustang GT will run between 13.60 - 13.80 w/ a good driver, I think it should be a good race.

I really don't think a GT can take the V-10 but I could be wrong...it's a manual.....I've been in GT and they didn't impress me like the truck does...now if it's a roush or a steeda then maybe I should worry??

dude your truck weighs 5500 pounds
the mustang has a better power to weight ratio and your not getting full horsepower or torque with out a stageII...

trust me I had a QC...they are slow

kickinassrt-10 said:
On saturday I let my younger bro take my truck to his work....today he tells me that a valet where he works has a 2008 Mustang GT and he wants to race my truck at a track for $200 because he swears up and down he can beat my truck.....I told my brother he's on I'll even give him a car length...I think that unless he has a supercharger/turbo or bored engine he has no chance.....even if he has exhaust and intake with ECU he still has no chance.....btw my truck is stock except intake and rear cat delete....will it even be a close race or should I take his $200 and I said to tell him if he loses he also pays my track fee:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Like BurntRubber said, go and get a Stage 2 flash from Roe (I see you are in Florida), you "should" have one anyway with the Quad Cab. Then get the highest octane premium pump gas (92-94 ish) you can find so it doesn't pull timing and lay down between shifts, and you should be fine.
"V-10" really has little to do with it.....you are driving a heavy truck with an automatic that also pushes 32+ sq. ft. of air.
There are A TON of mods out there for Mustangs so I wouldn't be surprised if he has some.
I.O.W., don't bring a knife to a gunfight... :)

Last edited:
I agree you need a flash to make it a sure win, otherwise you need to pray he misses a shift cuz it will be really close.....DONT GIVE ANY CAR LENGTHS

kickinassrt-10 said:
I really don't think a GT can take the V-10 but I could be wrong...it's a manual.....I've been in GT and they didn't impress me like the truck does...now if it's a roush or a steeda then maybe I should worry??

My truck runs just as fast as a Stage 1 Roush with added bolt-ons, we were both on DR's and auto trannys, he go the 60' but I beat him by .001:rock:

Last edited:
i have raced a few stangs at the track with the mods in my sig. have won all but the races against the SC'd cobra's. i dont think i would have won any without my sct though.

rottenronnie said:
Like BurntRubber said, go and get a Stage 2 flash from Roe (I see you are in Florida), you "should" have one anyway with the Quad Cab. Then get the highest octane premium pump gas (92-94 ish) you can find so it doesn't pull timing and lay down between shifts, and you should be fine.
"V-10" really has little to do with it.....you are driving a heavy truck with an automatic that also pushes 32+ sq. ft. of air.
There are A TON of mods out there for Mustangs so I wouldn't be surprised if he has some.
I.O.W., don't bring a knife to a gunfight... :)

Ok in laymans terms:dontknow: what is involved with a stage 2 flash:dontknow: ( least amount of sarcasm please:D )

thewelshm

if the stang had DR's and he can drive your probably screwed man, my 02 GT with DR's ran 13.53@99 and all i had was a catback exhaust and a cold air intake, had a buddy with an 05 GT and he ran 13.54@101 with just the DR's

THEWELSHM said:
Ok in laymans terms:dontknow: what is involved with a stage 2 flash:dontknow: ( least amount of sarcasm please:D )

thewelshm

For QC's or RC's?

FATJACK said:
Kick his ass and take his money.
Thats what I'm saying....all the posts make it sound like a mustang can take a lightning...s/c'd I know I have no way but motor to motor there's is NO way he can beat it....

Also what is the stageII for QC?

heads up race only:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :rock:

kickinassrt-10 said:
Also what is the stageII for QC?

Is is a new tune for your truck. We still say Stage 2 and they are still available but you are better off getting a SCT. Is is the same thing plus it can hold 2 extra tunes and allow you to go back to you stock tune and clear CEL's. It will give you about 70-80 RWHP and 80-100 TRQ in the lower RPM band. i.e. you will see the gains at say 2500 RPM not max. It is a must for QC's.

Don't give a head start. Ford stock is different than our stock.

Raises the shift point, overrides the torque manager, changes the temp when on the fan when you add the 170 degree t-stat, adds HP.......

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back