ICE Clay Bar and Polish

SlvrSnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't if any one else is using this stuff but so far I have had nothing but good luck with it.

The clay bar is amazing. Gets out stains, brings up the finish, and leaves very little or no residue. You simply scrub it on, hose it off, and chamois the car down. Then put on the polish which leaves no residue whatsoever and makes the car shiny as hell. Feels just like regular wax when you're done.

Maybe there is some detriment to this stuff that I don't know about. If not, this is the greatest stuff ever and I would highly recommended it to others.

Thoughts, comments???

It's good on lighter colored or metallic painted cars, but I've found (on a black vehicle) it's not nearly as reflective as others. It does go on and come off easy tho.

got it, never used it since there's no chance I have the truck clean! last time I was washing it the sun got shining and water deposit left white stains all over. I'm saving a barrel of water from dehumidifier to wash the truck, hope that has no deposit.

attila said:
got it, never used it since there's no chance I have the truck clean! last time I was washing it the sun got shining and water deposit left white stains all over. I'm saving a barrel of water from dehumidifier to wash the truck, hope that has no deposit.

DRY FASTER!!!!! .............. DRY FASTER, DAMMIT!!!!! :dontknow: :mad: :) :p :eek: ;) :congrats:

attila said:
the truck is damn big and it's not a big deal washing it with sunshine!

LOL! ..... Good practice for living in FLORIDA..... :D ;) I have to wash my truck at Midnight, because the water from the hose evaporates before it hits the vehicle in the daylight. :eek: :marchmellow:

Black1 said:
LOL! ..... Good practice for living in FLORIDA..... :D ;) I have to wash my truck at Midnight, because the water from the hose evaporates before it hits the vehicle in the daylight. :eek: :marchmellow:

Same here, I am usually washing it at 10-11pm. Neighbors think I am a bit wierd.

that could be a good practice, but I couldn't use my high pressure washing machine at that time in the night.

and, arent's we all weird driving a 500 hp truck? haha

walbert said:
Same here, I am usually washing it at 10-11pm. Neighbors think I am a bit weird.

Me too, both the washing late at night and the weird part. Washing in direct sunlight, especially in the summer, is a disaster, best to do it early AM or late PM. Goes double for those with the worst possible color choice for their vehicle...BLACK! :D

If you have trouble with water spots, you need one of these: http://www.mrclean.com//en_US/home.do

They do work, I use it every time and I can wash in direct sunlight. If you use it correctly and rinse with the ionized, filtered setting, you will not need to chamois, towel or blow dry. It really works...

what is that thing? anyway I'll get it!

I'm also trying to connect my washing machine to the barrel (actually a big plastic and also cheap trash can) and try that water.

attila said:
what is that thing? anyway I'll get it!

I'm also trying to connect my washing machine to the barrel (actually a big plastic and also cheap trash can) and try that water.

You can get them just about anywhere in the states now; Target, Walmart, Home Depot. Cost ya about $30 for the starter kit. Be sure and take a few extra filters and soap too. With our trucks, and bad water, I change the filter more often than they say you will, but it's worth it in the time that I save not needing to dry the truck! I have tried other soaps in there as well, and they don't seem to work right, so I stick with the stuff that comes with it.

Never tried the Ice claybar and polish kit yet, I did use the Mothers claybar kit twice and it's awsome. The Mothers carnuba wax leaves the paint with a good shine and smoother than glass, the terry cloth litterally flies off the hood when thrown on. I did use the NXT tech wax this past time 2 weeks ago and it left a great shine, but it may be a little too "greasy" I want to say. The water beading was great but the NXT didn't leave it nearly as smooth as the Mothers carnuba wax, and it's hard to wash the very next was because the water beads but doesn't want to run. 8-10 hours job by hand.

The Mr.Clean car wash kit is really good, last time I washed my truck all by myself in the sun/overcast no problems, no waterspots with the kit. I usually change the filter every 2-3 washes.

I've had great success with the Mr. Clean system. We have hard water where I'm at and after using the Mr. Clean system no water spots.

I might have to look into the Mr. Clean thingy majigy. I would love to be able to just wash the truck and then hose it down. Easy is good!!

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I've had great success with the Mr. Clean system. We have hard water where I'm at and after using the Mr. Clean system no water spots.
On a Black truck I still get some spots with the Mr Clean system,I have to break out the microfiber cloths but it definatly helps.

That's what I was gonna say. I used this on my cars, a burgundy type red and a silver, works awesome! :) Looks great after it dries. Then got the black truck, :( :) it does help alot :) , but does still leave some light spotting :( ( As I believe it prob. does on most cars, just doesn't stand out like it does on black. A little Quick Detail cures the prob. or if waxing, etc. afterwards it wouldn't be a prob. at all.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back