Ignition options? Help?!

xNightRunnerx

Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing coils, plugs and wires and I'm looking for recommendations. Everything I've read seems that people are happy with their individual choices or preference. I'm looking at the Screamin' Demon coils and Live Wires and also the JTVSP coils with OEM wires. I'm running new stock Champ plugs with whatever option. Both options are basically the same price too. There is always the stocker option but it's more costly to do and seems like a lot less bang for my buck. I want to order the coils and wires asap so the sooner the better. Thanks...

Get Tony's coils and grab a set of his wires.

:dito::dito:yep:dito::dito:

So definitely Tony's over Demon? Both sound like they're pretty similar. I just want whatever is gonna have my truck running excellent when it's all back together. And not to ask a dumb question but when you said Tony's wires, you mean the JTSVP Series wires, not the Dodge Viper 1400s right?

Last edited:
Why are you wanting to replace the coils? If your stock coils are working then its a waste of money to replace them, modern ignition systems are plenty good now.

I think most of the time it's because if you are in there to do wires then thats the time to upgrade the coils, intake manifold has to come off for either. Plus my understanding is the increased voltage over stock for higher rpm reliability. Check with Tony on this(JTSVP)...

Its a pain in the ass to remove the manifold. Replace the coils while you are in there. Plus, you can increase the spark plug gap with the aftermarket coils. Stock is 36,000 volts, Screamin Demon 40,000 volts. plug gaps need to be opened up to .065 inch

Tonys coils are the screamin demon coils. Atleast thats what I got when I ordered from him a few months ago.

Hey BTW i didnt think about that when we did yours but you can open the gap up on those Champions now that you have the Demon Coils.

Yea I remembered that when I was on the way home. Oh well, seems to be running good. I will open them up after I get the mid pipes and new tune on.

Why are you wanting to replace the coils? If your stock coils are working then its a waste of money to replace them, modern ignition systems are plenty good now.

I have a cylinder 4 misfire...it's not the plugs. It could be the wire or it could be the coil. Regardless, after taking the time to pull the manifold, I'd rather get everything new (not to mention upgraded) and not have to replace the coils later on...Not to mention I would have to buy intake manifold gaskets again too then. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right in my opinion.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back