Important Thread To Me!

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please Please be careful on the roads guys and gals. For those of you that Know I was in an accident on last Monday. After seeing my truck in person it has really made me realize how quickly any of us can lose everything. Seeing this nearly broke me down a bit and really saddened me to think about it.
I just posed on my previous thread with these photos but I want everyone to see them so they can see what happened and why they should slow down a bit out there. As from the photos you can see that if this would have been a car I wouldnt have been at home after the accident, I most likely would be in the hospital for Christmas or worse.

*look where the frame should be, it saved me def by diverting the hit!

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones and your all always in my prayers
please view these:

100_0812.jpg

100_0813.jpg

100_0814.jpg

100_0815.jpg

100_0816.jpg

100_0817.jpg

100_0818.jpg

100_0819.jpg

100_0820.jpg

100_0821.jpg

100_0822.jpg

100_0823.jpg

100_0825.jpg

as before please be careful and have a safe and great holiday guys!:eek:

You are exactly right , I could post pics from on the road from just black Ice, where people jsut dont pay attention:argh:

but I think they would be a little too graphic to post.

Please slow down this holiday:eek: yesterday comming back from fla, the average mph on I 95 was over 80mph, and for one family the need to get there in such a hurry ended in tragedy.

be safe this during the holidays guys, please.

Looks like you may have one or maybe two pieces of tin that are straight, but that' about it.

Glad you came through it okay.

Thats a lot of damage for a parking lot wreck, at least you didn't hit that boat:D :D J/K Really glad you are OK.

505'sFastestViper. said:
dam you cannot drive good at all

I know some of you guys joke, but im not laughing and really am not appreciating comments like this. Believe me when I say I can drive! I missed all cars and only hurt myself, ice and slick roads are no joke! I am serious about this thread and not joking around. If this was meant to be a true insult then I have nothing further to say to you.

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
I know some of you guys joke, but im not laughing and really am not appreciating comments like this. Believe me when I say I can drive! I missed all cars and only hurt myself, ice and slick roads are no joke! I am serious about this thread and not joking around. If this was meant to be a true insult then I have nothing further to say to you.
wow some people cant take a joke but i understand your upset because your driving skills arent up to par:D

Sorry bout the damage Mike. Glad you are okay. The material things can be replaced.:slug:

I think he is posting this not because of the damage to the truck, the material things can be replaced easily.

All he is doing is trying to get people to be carefull over the holidays, his accident could have easily ended up very differently and we wouldnt have him here with us today, and I do believe that has brought him to were he is at, and the reason for the post.

And Joking or proding in this case I dont think is very tasteful.

That is the problem I see all the time on the hwy, people "think" they can drive on anything, and at night black Ice can sneak up on anyone, and even the very best drivers can get bitten, sometimes ending in death.

All he is doing is relaying his concern for his brotheren on the forum, and asking for everyone to be careful over the holidays.

I for one thank him for the concern, and I would think most would thank him for his concern for people he has never met..

I for one will be taking it very careful over the holidays getridofhemiforthis, thank you

Stinker said:
I think he is posting this not because of the damage to the truck, the material things can be replaced easily.

All he is doing is trying to get people to be carefull over the holidays, his accident could have easily ended up very differently and we wouldnt have him here with us today, and I do believe that has brought him to were he is at, and the reason for the post.

And Joking or proding in this case I dont think is very tasteful.

That is the problem I see all the time on the hwy, people "think" they can drive on anything, and at night black Ice can sneak up on anyone, and even the very best drivers can get bitten, sometimes ending in death.

All he is doing is relaying his concern for his brotheren on the forum, and asking for everyone to be careful over the holidays.

I for one thank him for the concern, and I would think most would thank him for his concern for people he has never met..

I for one will be taking it very careful over the holidays getridofhemiforthis, thank you

thank you stinker, i appreciate that comment and your understanding.:eek:

unlike someone else who posted on this thread...i totally "get it" thanks for the graphic reminder mike,have a wonderfull christmas and new year! (as i'm sure you will):santaclaus: :beer:

The road conditions can change very quickly, it is easy to get caught up before you realize it.

I'm very glad you are going to be OK.

Bill.

Last edited:
Mike,

Some of the guys here are a bit less expressive about their sensitivity. So, they make jokes so's to mask and protect their inner child..... (sorry to be so psychoanalytical).

They don't mean to be uncaring or rude..... They're just using an innate emotional response mechanism that's become familiar to them. In this way, they stay remote, removed and emotionally uninvolved.... It's safer for them that way....

Dom is a good guy... In fact, he's still flying my wife's avi from almost a month ago when she had her surgery.... I know that Dom didn't mean to trivialize your crash or the impact that it's had on you.... He was simply trying to lighten an emotional burden and inject some humor into it.... to make you smile...to make you feel like family....

I hope that the family here DOES recognize the motivation you have in creating this message for us all..... We should indeed be as careful as we can be on these slick, icy roads so we can arrive safely for our loved one's and children this holiday season.

Mike, you've been traumatized by this thing and it's natural to be more deeply affected by it. You been through alot. And I for one would like to applaud you for being so kind as to become the voice of reason and protection to the rest of us who may not be "thinking" at the wheel.... Your words just may be exactly what (at least one or more of us) needs to hear playing in the back of their mind before danger strikes on the road.... You could easily be responsible for saving a life of a member or friend of this family.....

I congratulate your efforts, your motivation to protect others and your courage to speak....

God bless you..... and a Very Merry Christmas....

D

Last edited:
It is truly amazing that if you took the deployed airbags out of the pictures up above, it would be hard to tell anything happened by the pictures on the inside. Says a lot about the truck!

I am glad you are ok! Merry Christmas!

505'sFastestViper. said:
i am truly glad your ok i do forget smileys a lot sorry and i hope everyone does slow down a lil bit through these rough weather conditions
Dom, you're alright! :rock:

Django said:
Mike,

Some of the guys here are a bit less expressive about their sensitivity. So, they make jokes so's to mask and protect their inner child..... (sorry to be so psychoanalytical).

They don't mean to be uncaring or rude..... They're just using an innate emotional response mechanism that's become familiar to them. In this way, they stay remote, removed and emotionally uninvolved.... It's safer for them that way....

Dom is a good guy... In fact, he's still flying my wife's avi from almost a month ago when she had her surgery.... I know that Dom didn't mean to trivialize your crash or the impact that it's had on you.... He was simply trying to lighten an emotional burden and inject some humor into it.... to make you smile...to make you feel like family....

I hope that the family here DOES recognize the motivation you have in creating this message for us all..... We should indeed be as careful as we can be on these slick, icy roads so we can arrive safely for our loved one's and children this holiday season.

Mike, you've been traumatized by this thing and it's natural to be more deeply affected by it. You been through alot. And I for one would like to applaud you for being so kind as to become the voice of reason and protection to the rest of us who may not be "thinking" at the wheel.... Your words just may be exactly what (at least one or more of us) needs to hear playing in the back of their mind before danger strikes on the road.... You could easily be responsible for saving a life of a member or friend of this family.....

I congratulate your efforts, your motivation to protect others and your courage to speak....

God bless you..... and a Very Merry Christmas....

D

I mean really Tim did you have to throw this out there??(psychoanalytical):dontknow: :p :p

Mike I completly understand and thankful that you will be with your family this Christmas;) It could have been much worse.:(

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
thank you stinker, i appreciate that comment and your understanding.:eek:

not a prob bud, I may have been a bit harsh on some and apologize:eek:

but I too feel kinda strong onthe deal, I have seen way too many bad accidents in my day:argh:

kyle's srt10 said:
I mean really Tim did you have to throw this out there??(psychoanalytical):dontknow: :p :p

Mike I completly understand and thankful that you will be with your family this Christmas;) It could have been much worse.:(

Bro, where I come from "psychoanalytical" is an everyday word......

Would you prefer that I describe it as: "how a person looks at shit that goes on in your head..." ?

I don't talk this way to impress or demean anyone...... It's just the way I talk.... It's just an average, common fkn word.....:dontknow:

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back