Improving Suspension

ramsrt711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys 1st time at track my best was 9.2 at 1/8 mile. I couldnt get traction. 2nd time I had DRs with stock suspension and it hooked alot better on launch and my best was 8.6 with average being 8.8. I have added calvert traction bars and line lock. Truck does go straight now. I went to the track about 2 weeks ago and my best was 8.99 and average was 9.2. I was getting wheel hop on launch and it seemed like i had regular street tire. I couldnt get traction. I did manage to beat a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, Chevy SS truck and a couple of Titans. 1 Lightning beat me by a tenth on one of the times I didnt get traction but ticket said I won. Now after that day I have removed overload leaf spring and sway bar. Driving down back rode It feels like front end lifts a little more which is what i want. Im trying to improve weight transfer. All the reading Ive done seems to point to front springs and shocks. Any ideas to improve weight transfer. I have 05 QC

poly bushings, at least in the rear.

when i did my polys, noticed that i had to give her 3 to 400 extra r.p.m. so she would not bog

I did forget to mention I did the poly bushings when I added the traction bars just before the last time at track.

nevermind, lol:toilet::D

I have never noticed my truck bog down . The only time I had traction was when I went with DRs and stock suspension.

might be just a standard tranny thing:dontknow:

or i could be the sillyass driver, lol:elefant::toilet::rock::D

I get plenty of traction in my GN and it lifts up in front. So I know im getting good weight transfer in that one.

if your're getting wheel hop it sound like your cal-tracs are not tight enough, did you adjust them with some weight in the truck?

I put 1 3/4 preload with no driver. The wheel hop was not on all launches the last time at track but I did not get traction on any launch.

Track prep must be poor! Drag radials should hookup ! Lower air pressure to 17#. Feather your launch to control wheel spin. Squeeze the throttle instead of slamming it! if that don't work get bigger slicks!!! Your truck is to long to get effective weight transfer . It is a big heavy truck with alot of torque , give it a chance to get rolling or you will break something!!!

I know I wont see a big improvement in weight transfer but just trying to see if there is a way to improve.

My best time at track was 8.6 with 20 lbs in DRs. I kept lowering tire pressure and times kept going down.

I think guys here run drag radials at 17 Psi. Any lower and they become marshmallows at high speed! Other than just removing weight from the front , there is 't alot that can be done for weight transfer. What size are your drag radials?

the other option is QAI shocks,lots of guys have had excellent results with them and you cam adjust compression and rebound on them too!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back