Installed the Stage II and 170 T-Stat

PaddyOBrian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should my fan be running constantly? Before the T-Stat install it would run but I thought the 170 T-stat would take care of that. Please advise

I didn't install the 170 but the fan duty cycle changes when you have the Stage 2. Mine
isn't on constantly but it is on more...

How hot is where you are?

Ron

I didn't really see any change in temps with the Stage ll or 174 degree stat during hotter days...it took two 12" electric fans to maintain a constant 190 deg. running temp.

WILDMAN

I think the fan runs constantly, It speeds up with the temp is high.

Wade

Thanks for the responses. I'm really not impressed with the Stage II. It's ok but not worth close to 1k. But everything is high priced for this truck. It's really hard for me to get the full use out of it because I take it easy on public streets.

Hmmm you'd certainly be the first I've read being unhappy with it, imo it makes the truck a completely different animal... if your close by have em verify that the tune was downloaded properly.. :confused: :dontknow:

Craig said:
Hmmm you'd certainly be the first I've read being unhappy with it, imo it makes the truck a completely different animal... if your close by have em verify that the tune was downloaded properly.. :confused: :dontknow:

you bet.. apparently the QC's are totally different due to the torque management
being off... i know in my RC it's a lot easier to spin the tires in 1st :D :rock::burnout: :burnout:

Sharpi

Back