Installing caltracs

arnie_82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How difficult is it to install the caltracs? Should I do it my self or pay $250 to get it installed?

How difficult is it to install the caltracs? Should I do it my self or pay $250 to get it installed?

pay the 250 ,i have installed them twice ,,250 is a great price ,,doing it on your driveway is a nut buster ,,plus you will need to heat up one end to get rubber bushing out ,,if you dont have a torch you would have to buy one ,,,

probably better off hiring someone! having the right tools is optimal .

probably better off hiring someone! having the right tools is optimal .

I should have all the tools, torch and hand tools. So that should not be a problem, the only thing I am woried about is the adjustments so it works the right way.

ill do it for $150.00 :D

I am thinking of ordering it and looking at the instructions if I think I need help I might have you do it. Calvert who makes th caltracs gave me that quote $250 but I would have to drive out there to install them. Have you installed them in your truck?

I installed them in my truck...Its pretty straight forward not hard it took me around 4hrs to do both in my driveway and I didnt have a torch so I took the leafspring to a near muffler shop had them burn old rubber bushing out with a torch and press in the new one supplied(cost was $30 bucks for both leafprings labor) and 1/2 hour at the shop so around 4 1/2 hours total

I installed them in my truck...Its pretty straight forward not hard it took me around 4hrs to do both in my driveway and I didnt have a torch so I took the leafspring to a near muffler shop had them burn old rubber bushing out with a torch and press in the new one supplied(cost was $30 bucks for both leafprings labor) and 1/2 hour at the shop so around 4 1/2 hours total

How difficult was it to adjust it to where it worked the best?

I am thinking of ordering it and looking at the instructions if I think I need help I might have you do it. Calvert who makes th caltracs gave me that quote $250 but I would have to drive out there to install them. Have you installed them in your truck?

oh yeah that wouldnt be fun lol. Well if you end up installing them and need help adjusting them i wouldnt mind helping you out with that bud. I havent installed them but ive been a mechanic for almost 10 years so wouldnt be very hard at all. Also did do some work on phxpoolguys ladder bar setup. To easy man just let me know if you need help bud

oh yeah that wouldnt be fun lol. Well if you end up installing them and need help adjusting them i wouldnt mind helping you out with that bud. I havent installed them but ive been a mechanic for almost 10 years so wouldnt be very hard at all. Also did do some work on phxpoolguys ladder bar setup. To easy man just let me know if you need help bud

That sounds good. I will probably talk to you more about it on Sunday.

How difficult was it to adjust it to where it worked the best?

Not difficult at all...once you have it all apart it will be easier to see the Big Picture and just follow the step by step instructions on the manual it also has a recommended setting you might just want to go with that one

i can help.....

anti-seize the rod end threads:rock::rock::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back