Intake Removal/Installation

FastSRT19

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order a powdercoated intake from Justin, and i want to replace the plug wires/plugs while doing the swap (already have Stinker's plug wires and billet wire separators waiting to be installed:p ) My question is what other parts do i need to gather before i bring it in for the swap? I'm thinking fuel injector o-rings? Do we have a Throttle body gasket and intake manifold gasket(s)? Thanks in advance for any answers!

Oh, btw, the intake is going to be WHITE. :D

If you can take off the manifold carefully-straight up after all is removed-then you should be OK with reusing the intake gaskets.

U shouldnt need fuel injector gasktes/o-rings. Just relube prior to install.

Throttle body gasket is reusable.

The fuel rails and injectors just simply lift straight up. You can keep them connected. Just lay them towards the heads out of the way.

Make sure to cover the intake openings as soon as u get everything outtah the way. Hate to loose anything down into them.

Make sure you get a TORX socket, a magnet wand, a swivel mirror and a long 6" 1/8 drive socket extender along w/ 2 shorter 2" extenders. You will know why when you try to get the last couple out on the driver side. Hehe. HELPS IMENSLY....

SHU

Last edited:
SHU-DOG said:
If you can take off the manifold carefully-straight up after all is removed-then you should be OK with reusing the intake gaskets.

U shouldnt need fuel injector gasktes/o-rings. Just relube prior to install.

Throttle body gasket is reusable.

The fuel rails and injectors just simply lift straight up. You can keep them connected. Just lay them towards the heads out of the way.

Make sure to cover the intake openings as soon as u get everything outtah the way. Hate to loose anything down into them.

Make sure you get a Star socket, a magnet wand, a swivel mirror and a long 6" 1/8 drive socket extender along w/ 2 shorter 2" extenders. You will know why when you try to get the last couple out on the driver side. Hehe. HELPS IMENSLY....

SHU

Torx socket. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back