Intercooler Reservoir AC Chiller

blackviper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is pretty interesting.

IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

same deal as I was gonna do on Eddies paxton, take the a/c and run it into a resevoir box, keeps the coolant cool constantly as long as the a/c is on, has a few drawbacks , but works really well on a street truck:)

Do you have anyone in mind for the fabrication? I'm going to contact the person that made these up for Mustangs and Lightnings back in 2007. I don't know if they are still being produced. It definitely looks like it would work for a street application.

ahhh ok, well actually to answer your question , no, was gonna do it on eddies truck, but he changed his build a little in the other direction

but really all you actually need is someone to weld you up a aluminum box with a unit inside,

now this really needs to be done local bud, that way they can position it one , wehre you want it, two, where it will stay the coldest , away from the engine and in front next to fresh air, and three, within a respectable reach of the ohter ac lines.

then all you need is go by a line shop and have new ac lines made up and you are ready to roll my friend.

in your area, I would speak to the guys over at atf I think it is, but if you dont have someoen local, I can look around and find someone close to you.

chub did one on his paxton, except no water, jsut air to air, for his inlet air, and it dropped his iats down about 40 degrees

One other item I'll add here (having purchased a similar device, but sold with my Paxton), is that it is critical that the AC system be recharged perfectly.;)

I guess I should say this to george, I would love to do it, but soon my shop will be full of eddies ride, and his will take a few months to finish up

i think this could be done both ways, if you got rid of the cooler on the front of the truck for the a/c you could just do a/c to water solution.

saying you can do a condenser in a box just to ditch that big ugly condenser in front of the radiator.

scoobert said:
i think this could be done both ways, if you got rid of the cooler on the front of the truck for the a/c you could just do a/c to water solution.

saying you can do a condenser in a box just to ditch that big ugly condenser in front of the radiator.

Or you can cover it up with a big intercooler.

Attachments

• 100_0168.JPG
    100_0168.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
Correct me if I'm wrong here.....in order for this thing to work your A/C has to be on? :(
Not the way I go racing......

Quick

thats the only drawback is the a/c has to be on and working, which at some tracks is a def no no, but for those guys in hotter climates, it works great for everyday driving, keeps the iats down at least

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
ahhh ok, well actually to answer your question , no, was gonna do it on eddies truck, but he changed his build a little in the other direction

but really all you actually need is someone to weld you up a aluminum box with a unit inside,

now this really needs to be done local bud, that way they can position it one , wehre you want it, two, where it will stay the coldest , away from the engine and in front next to fresh air, and three, within a respectable reach of the ohter ac lines.

then all you need is go by a line shop and have new ac lines made up and you are ready to roll my friend.

in your area, I would speak to the guys over at atf I think it is, but if you dont have someoen local, I can look around and find someone close to you.

chub did one on his paxton, except no water, jsut air to air, for his inlet air, and it dropped his iats down about 40 degrees
mine was water to air stinky

I wonder if the stock cooling system can keep up with racing around + running the A/C in the hotter climates.

-charlie

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back