Interested in a SRT-10

Wagoner 726

Reaction score
So I posted on here a while back. I was in a position to buy a silver RC but when I got to the dealer, the truck had quite a bit of work done and was in bad shape. Overflowed an oil catch can in just the test drive. Well now I've thought about getting rid of my current truck again (Nissan Titan) and I found a 2006 QC Night Runner edition with 69k miles. Any opinions towards trying to get this truck or just stick with my current truck? I know these are awesome trucks but don't know enough about them yet as far as reliability and cost of repairs. I've been going through a lot of repairs on my TItan right now at 103k miles. Any advice would be appreciated.

You have quite possibly found the most biased crowd on the internet towards these trucks!! :D We are all going to say dump the Titan and get the 10. So do it and don't regret it for a second. Maintenance wise the oil changes are a little more expensive, oil cooler and power steering lines leak on all of them (replace with JTSVP lines and never worry about it again) If you take care of the truck it will last a good long time, several SRT-10s with 100k, 200k and higher.

I really like the nightrunners. I bought my silver QC back in april. I love it. Of course there is going to be some added maintenance expense due to a couple extra cylinders and it being a special or unavarage truck. I havent heard of to many unreliability issues. My truck has been pretty reliable so far. Only real issue ive had is a pully noise that i have been trying to figure out, but havent heard to many other guys wit this issue. I think as long as it looks like the truck was pretty well taken care of, and you give it a tune up after you get it, you should be fine. Do plugs, wires, and all fluid change just for your own peace of mind. Also, you should know, just incase you are unaware, these motors are a bit noisy/sort of chatery. So dont be alarmed if it sound a little bit noisier then your titan. My vote is to sell the titan and get the 10. I dont think you will be disappointed. We got a pretty good group of guys on this forum that are willing to help with anything you need. Good luck with the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Titans are a decent truck, but the SRT-10 Viper truck is the big boy on the block!! Reliability on these trucks are rather really good overall, just the stock oil cooler lines like already mentioned seem to all leak, some at 5k miles and some at 30-40k miles, that a look up under the front passenger side of engine and under the wheel well to find them ( the two lines go into a square looking block-the oil cooler) and power steering lines oh too, they aren't have as bad as the oil cooler lines, I still have my stock oil cooler lines but I only have 23.5k miles on my truck :) , and sure your gonna ask about fuel mileage next?? I would say on an average these trucks get
14-15 mpg driven nicely!!( good luck with that!!! Lol). Some guys get 10 mpg done guys get 18 mpg so there's a rough # for ya!
Overall these trucks are the ultimate muscle truck
And the Night Runners are one sweet rare ride too!! ( only 4-500 made)
Best of luck on your purchase! Mornin :) go get that NR in your driveway!!! :)

Not too worried about the mpg. My titan is only getting about 11 currently according to my tuner. I'm no new person to modding. I've had lots of sports cars but the Titan was my first truck. Got married and thought I needed to be more practical. Well I figure the SRT-10 is the best of both worlds! I can satisfy my mod needs and also have a truck when needed.

One concern though is I like to hunt and fish on occasion. Not too worried about taking the truck to go fishing but it doesn't seem too practical to take it out into the woods for hunting. Not necessarily offroading it, just driving down old dirt roads in the woods.

I'm actually considering going to look at the vehicle today but it says sale pending on their site so I need to call the dealer. Its the only 10 around my area I've been able to find too.

Checked the carfax. Minor accident in 2009. Said windshield was replaced and no airbags deployed. 3 owners. Its been at this dealer over 100 days. Value is under kbb and nada.

Go to the dealership and tell them you are here and ready to buy. Forget about that sale pending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I didn't make it by the dealership today. The vehicle is still for sell, not pending. Went by carmax to get an appraisal for my titan so I have a baseline to go off of. Carmax only wanted to give me $8000 for my titan. The dealer would have to do a good bit better. I can't have any negative equity and have my payment where I want it.

I flew from D/FW last month and bought my Viper Truck in Columbus OH. I looked for 6-8 months for the best deal/low mileage/red...etc. The truck is totally awesome and a blast to drive, I wish I would've known just how great these trucks are...I would've had one years ago...I'm pissed I missed out for so long. Good luck with your choice man.

i've always had 4x4 trucks, so the decision i made to buy my night runner was a lil un-nerving. let me tell ya..... best truck EVER!!! the fun and excitement of rollin up in one of the baddest trucks ever made makes up for anything you've lost by buying a 2x4 truck.

If it has had three owners, you might want to invest in an extended warranty for at least a year. You don't know how these other guys treated the 10. I have mine thru Chrysler & it's $1000.00 for a year. If something goes wrong with one of these it is expensive. My flywheel decided to blow into a million pieces the first year I had mine & it only cost the $200. deductible. A 10 is a fun machine & you will be the only one on your block that has one.

Your sig is actually my desktop background. Great picture. Which one is yours? And you'd have to take my Titan.

That is a great picture! His truck is the closest, red without the stripes.

Probably going to check out the night runner today so wish me luck. One picture looks like it might have a bad scratch on the driver side of the bed. Hopefully its just a glare.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back