Interesting Facts

LoveThisTruck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January. In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't have started this war, tell them the following:

FDR (DEMOCRAT) led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us; Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost ... an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman (DEMOCRAT) finished that war and started one in Korea . North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ... an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy (DEMOCRAT) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

Clinton (DEMOCRAT) went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

This one is a fact that makes me mad as hell.

In the years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran, and, North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. And the Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking.

But Wait, There's more.

It took less time to take
Iraq than it took Janet Reno (DEMOCRAT) to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton (DEMOCRAT) to find the Rose law firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida !!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB! The Military morale is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.

But Wait ...There's more!

JOHN GLENN (on the Senate floor - January 26, 2004)
Some people still don't understand why military personnel do what they do for a living. This exchange between Senators John Glenn and Senator Howard Metzenbaum is worth reading. Not only is it a pretty impressive impromptu speech, but it's also a good example of one man's explanation of why men and women in the armed services do what they do for a living.

This IS a typical, though sad, example of what some who have never served think of the military.

Senator Metzenbaum (speaking to Senator Glenn):

'How can you run for Senate when you've never held a real job?'

Senator Glenn (D-Ohio): 'I served 23 years in the
United States Marine Corps. I served through two wars. I flew 149 missions. My plane was hit by anti-aircraft fire on 12 different occasions. I was in the space program. It wasn't my checkbook, Howard; it was my life on the line. It was not a nine-to-five job, where I took time off to take the daily cash receipts to the bank. I ask you to go with me, as I went the other day... to a vete ran's hospital and look those men ... with their mangled bodies ... in the eye, and tell THEM they didn't hold a job!
You go with me to the Space Program at NASA and go, as I have gone, to the widows and orphans of Ed White, Gus Grissom and Roger Chaffee ... and you look those kids in the eye and tell them that their DAD'S didn't hold a job.

You go with me on Memorial Day and you stand in
Arlington National Cemetery , where I have more friends buried than I'd like to remember, and you watch those wavi ng flags. You stand there, and you think about this nation, and you have the gall to tell ME that those peo ple didn't have a job?

What about Metzenbaum? For those who don't remember During W.W.II, Howard Metzenbaum was an attorney representing the Communist Party in the USA .

Now he's a Senator!

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English thank a Veteran.

It might not be a bad idea to

keep this circulating. I AM!!!

Last edited:
I'm gonna Go on the streets Of Berzerkeley and say this out loud:D I have a bumper sticker that says: "Bill Clinton No longer the worst president in history"

I agree 100%,,,,, Just wait till Obama gets in office,,,,he will be the worst unless you like being ruled by a racest dictator

I'm not directing this at you, we didn't crush the taliban, read the news. They made a strategic retreat and are now doing the same thing they did to the soviets and are trying to grind us down, oh and they are doing it without CIA help.

3rd Infantry Division didn't destroy the medina division, they quit and went home. 3rd ID rolled into baghdad largely uncontested. Saddam chose not to put up a fight for baghdad because he thought it would be like the gulf war again and he didn't want to mass his forces together in a defense because he knew we would bomb them into oblivion (which we did) and he mostly thought that we wouldn't roll all the way to baghdad......it was all in the reports that were released a couple of years ago to all the media outlets.

Morale in the military is not high, maybe at a TRADOC post it is, but if you actually talk to the guys are out actually doing the fighting (that would involve leaving the wire), not so much. How many deployments do you want?

Or better yet, how about being in afghanistan, where these supposedly crushed taliban guys are attacking you with impunity and your generals are begging for more troops but you can't get any until next year? how's that for a morale booster?

And why has it become such a bad thing to question a war? When did we become so f**ked in the head that people actually think that you should have no right to question sending people to be killed? If you truely believe that then I vote that you are sent first and you don't get a say about it. Don't give me that crap about 9/11 either.

How do you justify almost double the people killed in the towers being killed in a country that actually didn't even take part in the attacks? You go and explain that to some soldiers mother/father/wife/kid.

Grow up people, this isn't playing GI Joe in your backyard. This is real. Comparing numbers to WWII, korea and vietnam are useless, less people die, but more are severely injured and survive due to better trauma medicine, better medevac, and actually wearing body armor.

Pull your head out of the sand and learn to think for yourself instead of just believing everything you read on the internet.

That is all. :D

and another thing :D ....... korea and vietnam were to stop the spread of communism. Probably a pretty scary thing back in those days (people questioned those wars too, how dare they). When we entered WWII it was deemed that germany was not in the better interest of the US at the time, much like WWI. A lot of the world thought we waited too long to enter the European theater, if I recall correctly.

C'mon people, you did take history in high school, I know it. Please don't thank a teacher if you didn't pay attention to them.

"Thanks for letting me waste your time and effort"

Don't use poor grammer, a total lack of knowledge about history and the inability to do math as a tribute to your teachers.
:marchmellow:

If you have been offended by anything I said, sorry, but toughen up....or go to the library. :D

I'm not going to argue with you on here because it's pretty stupid, but I will say this...

I am a soldier who has been to Iraq, and I want to go back. My brother has been twice, and he wants to go back. The vast majority of my buddies want to go back as well:dontknow:

LoveThisTruck said:
I'm not going to argue with you on here because it's pretty stupid, but I will say this...

I am a soldier who has been to Iraq, and I want to go back. My brother has been twice, and he wants to go back. The vast majority of my buddies want to go back as well:dontknow:

Good for you, your brothers and buddies, I'll pray for your safety.

But seriously, saying something impossible to prove like, "I want to go back", doesn't excuse you from actually trying to defend your original post. You basically spammed the board with some non-sense you got forwarded. You are using ridiculous (untrue) facts to support some stance you have that is most likely coming from something you heard one of your buddies say that you just took at face value without taking the time or effort to verify. If it's too stupid to argue about then why did you post it in the first place? No offense here, but what did you expect to happen? We'd all get a good jolly, laugh at the dems and praise Bush?

GW is not a great commander in chief. He's not horrible, but he's not great. Clinton wasn't the worst one we ever had either. Part of the problem with being in charge is sometimes you have to make the hard decision in favor of the greater good. Those who lose out in that decision of course think that it was because the dude was a douche bag or whatever. But reducing military spending to balance the budget and reduce the federal deficit in a relatively peaceful time is one of those decisions that will make you a hero to some and an ass to others. What's it gonna be? Take a look at the economy today and see what you would do.
Adios amigo, I'm done with this one

Last edited:
I'm a mandatory reclass... I didn't re-enlist for this. I'm headed to Ft. Irwin, where I will be dropping my SF packet.

Just because I didn't leave the wire, does not mean none of my friends died. Don't act like you know what "I think"

LoveThisTruck said:
I'm a mandatory reclass... I didn't re-enlist for this. I'm headed to Ft. Irwin, where I will be dropping my SF packet.

Just because I didn't leave the wire, does not mean none of my friends died. Don't act like you know what "I think"

Sorry, changed my original post, "my tone was all wrong", and I apologize. Best of luck to you, everyone has a job to do. Oh and trust me, I don't give a crap what you think. :D ;)

Yes that is something I got forwarded that I thought was interesting... in case you didn't see the title. It was not meant to start an argument. Notice, I didn't say anything about the "talibans strategic withdraw" or about 3ID or about anything in my original post. I just don't like it when pilots get all big headed, and think they're better than everyone else:dontknow: But no hard feelings. Best of luck to you as well

Last edited:
Back