into the twelves?

just learn how to hit 3rd gear and its doable.... 46 degrees or so at the track sea level .. and you can do it

A 4.56 gear, a good set of "M&H" slicks so u can launch it around 3500rpm
Atleast till you get use to snapping your neck off around 3500-4000 or so,
A good cool night, 58 degree or colder,
and most important of "DO NOT MISS A GEAR" that would sure mess ur time up haha !!!!
I know thats what im gonna have ta do to get my 06 NR RC
to run in the 12's the best that i could get mine was
13.10 on street tires, 2500 miles, and a 1800rpm launch
good luck on the 12's hope it's in the mid 12's

there has been a lot of discussion on gearing (whats better in the 1/4 mile)i'm holding off on the 4:56s' until i see proof. some say a 4:10 truck will catch up and pass up a 4:56d' geared truck all else remaning the same. oh....and WELCOME!

Cheapest and easiest...a 125 shot...call...Justin at JMB.

But here is my usual caution statement...determine what your ultimate goal first.
Begin with the end in mind, and plan your mods with that goal constantly in mind, this will help you avoid a lot of poor decisions that you will regret.

LOL Learn to drive... Wait for some good track conditions, and hold on...

If you want conistant 12's you can do it with:
1. CAt-less Mids
2. Flash/programer
3. (For the shifting impaired) a shifter
about 1300$

You can shift you way into the 12's with a stocker if you know how...

Last edited:
Django said:
QC or RC?

D

Since it is an 04, I am going out on a limb and say RC :D

You are not far away, unless you are a drag driver, then you are there already.

Before modding you need to decided where you want to be in the end. So, I ask, what do you think you want to do to your truck. Based on that we can give good first mod options. Last thing you want to do is go back and re-do something.

The stock clutch wont last long in the 04 so make sure you hit those 12's in your first couple of runs!!! 4:10 gearing is hard on it, do not slip it.........personal experience.

patrick

AWDisuzu said:
shift at 5500 rpm instead of redline to gain 1 to 2 tenths.
I tried many time to fo this and never ran a better time... The only thing it did was made it easyer to power shift. I think thats why some people see gains...

is there any performance parts to make it easier? like i heard not to get an air intake becuase you lose power

Blackbeast07 said:
is there any performance parts to make it easier? like i heard not to get an air intake becuase you lose power

I will tell ya if ya want headers(long tube) and catless mids contact Roe racing, they have the absolute deal of the century right now on these.

here is a quick rundown.

Cai's no real hp gains have been dynoed, $300 ro so
Headers 10-20hp as long as they are long tubes $2000 or less
mids catless, this gives you the best gains, getting rid f the cats, cost depends on which way ya go, but gains are in the 20-25hp range

Flash, good gains, more on the QC's than RC's

Cal tracs, good traction $350 from cal trac

Nos is ya best bet, but contact Justin at JMB performance

Stinker said:
I will tell ya if ya want headers(long tube) and catless mids contact Roe racing, they have the absolute deal of the century right now on these.

here is a quick rundown.

Cai's no real hp gains have been dynoed, $300 ro so
Headers 10-20hp as long as they are long tubes $2000 or less
mids catless, this gives you the best gains, getting rid f the cats, cost depends on which way ya go, but gains are in the 20-25hp range

Flash, good gains, more on the QC's than RC's

Cal tracs, good traction $350 from cal trac

Nos is ya best bet, but contact Justin at JMB performance

all this from a guy that runs 14's:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back