iPhone adapter/AUX..??

mr.srt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, i searched and read alot but cant find a solution.

Is there anything out there so i can plug my iphone, play music and charge at the same time..?

If not im willing to just take a normal jack to it aswell.
No i will not change it out with aftermarket, and it must work with the steering wheel.

Havent taken the radio out and looked yet but is there an aux port and just connect to that and its all good?

Thanks for any help..

Hi,

with Aux the steering wheel option wont work
You can just connect the iphone with the radio
on Aux and have to manually decide what you
want to hear on your iphone.

Charging is also not possible with the AUX connection.

You need a full adapter kit to your stereo system.
I dont know if that works with yours as i do have an aftermarket Pioneer.

All the best

Arne

Ok, thanks.

What unit you got?
Is there any units in the same size as the rb4?

Actually i modified to double din and thats why my conversion was quit easy with integrating the ipod/iphone option.

Dont know if there is an alternative to the RB4.

All the best

Arne

No, I changed mine over to a MyGig setup.

How is that working out for you? I thought about it several times but never got further than just thinking about it.

248, you don't lose the controls of anything or lose any options of the radio with that setup do you?
That's the one I was looking at on the installer site.

How is that working out for you? I thought about it several times but never got further than just thinking about it.

I like it, especially the 30g hard drive. It has the NAV (upgradeable), Bluetooth, and Satellite and if you have a quad cab you can set up a VES for the back seat.

Also, if you get the Mygig with an Ipod interface you can run your Ipod from the radio face or the steering wheel controls.

Not cheap to do but it looks stock and sounds good.

Last edited:
248, you don't lose the controls of anything or lose any options of the radio with that setup do you?
That's the one I was looking at on the installer site.

No, i didn't lose any the controls, I installed it myself, pretty easy,the only thing i dont like about it, it dont show any ipod info on my radio, like track name, album art......... but other than that i have no problem. If you buy it at best buy they should install it for free!

NightRunner248 said:
No, i didn't lose any the controls, I installed it myself, pretty easy,the only thing i dont like about it, it dont show any ipod info on my radio, like track name, album art......... but other than that i have no problem. If you buy it at best buy they should install it for free!

Check ebay they are very reasonable on there $55 maybe cheaper :) I want one for my REC :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back