Iphone update FW 4

ahh im hoping by the end of aug they'll have em in stock and the rush will be over

Didn't know the new OS is available. I already ordered the iPhone 4. From what I've read only the iPhone 3Gs will have enough capacity or capability to
support the new OS system???

Also Troy check our family plans if u know anyone you can add a line with. I have 3 lines in my account one non iPhone. 1400 min, a-list, free ATT to ATT calls, unlimited text and data usage for about $220/mo.
The new iPhone plans are gonna b a little more
expensive then the current data plans.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using the Apple Store rather than going to ATT?

Geiger said:
I wasn't able to get my pre-order in before the big crash, but plan on calling the local AT&T store on the 24th to see what the scoops is regarding availablility.

Hoping by the end of the month there will be some in-stock, but it's a college town so the competition is fierce. :)
I spoke to them by phone when ordering mine. I waited until
a day after to order mine and now I have to wait to July 14th to get mine. They said the first production was already completely sold out.

kickinassrt-10 said:
Didn't know the new OS is available. I already ordered the iPhone 4. From what I've read only the iPhone 3Gs will have enough capacity or capability to
support the new OS system???

Also Troy check our family plans if u know anyone you can add a line with. I have 3 lines in my account one non iPhone. 1400 min, a-list, free ATT to ATT calls, unlimited text and data usage for about $220/mo.
The new iPhone plans are gonna b a little more
expensive then the current data plans.

My girl has a iphone and is getting the new one and jsut mentioned gettin on the family plan and i gave her the your :bird: look! I'm a single (G/F but not married) E-6, no kids, no bills except the truck so ill eat the extra 20-40 bucks a month no problem:D

Prof said:
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using the Apple Store rather than going to ATT?
the main thing is location...

the closest store to me is charlotte...which, is too close to stinker:D

but they are building one in greenville....

att stores won't work on the iphone...they are quite knowledgeable, and if you have an issue in the first 30-60 days, or something, they will swap it out...

but the iphones have a year warranty, but they have to be serviced at an apple store...

which means, if you don't have one within driving distance, you have to send it off....which, in my experience, has been incredibly fast....they overnight a box, they already know what your problem is after you called....overnight their box back...within a few days, you get it back....

but it's not the same as it used to be with any old phone...where they could just give you one or exchange them in the store...if you were a really good customer....some of those perks got thrown out the window...

updated mine to the new 04 mess, everything worked fine, did have to redo the voicmail password and reset that , but that was it so far

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
updated mine to the new 04 mess, everything worked fine, did have to redo the voicmail password and reset that , but that was it so far

They have cell phones in Maiden?

By the way I have seen a large number of Turkey on the roads this year and have not been within 300 miles of your house!

i'm in the process of updating mine. just be sure u have the current version of iTunes, otherwise, you'll have to update that as well. when i tried it, it made my phone go into recovery mode since it wasn't the latest iTunes, so i had to spend a couple of hours waiting for it to download iTunes 9.2, then wait for it to download the iOS 4. i only have the 3G, and some of that can be attributed to the fact that my computer is old and not the one that i normally connect my phone to (have to take care of that this weekend, wiped most of my stuff off) but for those of you who are thinking about the iPhone 4, this should answer most of your questions: http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/
it's pretty reliable and most of the stuff on there comes true. i know radioshack is selling the iPhone 4, and they also have a trade in deal if you have an older iPhone 3G or 3G S, or i think some of the blackberrys that knocks about $100 or more off the iPhone 4. i think walmart and bestbuy are also selling them as well. as far as those of you who are on version and thinking of switching, there's a rumor that version is supposed to get the iPhone 4 sometime around November; which makes sense since T-mobile and i think Sprint are getting it as well.
well, sorry for the rant at the beginning, but i think it'll be worth it if u upgrade a 3G/3GS or get the 4

I think the update to the 3G fell short. Some features not available. Looks like when I get my 4, the wife is getting my 3GS

wesalbert said:
I think the update to the 3G fell short. Some features not available. Looks like when I get my 4, the wife is getting my 3GS

Thanks for the comment that was helpful...rather than upgrade my 3G, I will just get the 4.

Prof said:
Thanks for the comment that was helpful...rather than upgrade my 3G, I will just get the 4.
the update did a ton for the 3gs , alot of things that they didnt even announce, but if you have a reg 3g, you would be better off getting a 4, but at the moment it has some things that to me are not worth the xtra pennies at the moment

I think that the 3G is too limited as you say Tony. So I am going to check on the wait time for the 4G...thanks for the help .

Prof said:
I think that the 3G is too limited as you say Tony. So I am going to check on the wait time for the 4G...thanks for the help .
You're quite welcome, i would def wait on the 4g, it does have a cool feature of video phoning, now that could def get interesting;)

Seems the video zoom was not part of the upgrade for the 3Gs either. The digital zoom is a nice feature but useless in trying to take quality pics. Even a 5mp camera is nice but they need an optical zoom. 4gs???

I like the new os but I think I will upgrade either way bc I'm eligible.

Im not worried about it, my iphone 4 should be here the 8th, and my current iphone is messup up anyway, i only use if for email now (and VTCOA :D)

Cant wait for that high def video and pics, and video chat :D:D:D:D:D

is it supposed to take 4 hours to update?

alisha's did it in maybe an hour....

mine's still backing up:dontknow:

it's been like 2 hours...

and yes...i already updated itunes;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back