iPod kit for RB4

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out if they make a iPod kit for the factory head unit RB4?

I'm glad someone else brought this topic up because I have been searching for the answer on here for some time but came up with nothing. In my '04 I have the 6 Disc unit and I assume its called the RBQ from what Kevan posted above which brings me to my question...does mopar make and ipod kit for the unit I have? I looked online somewhere and did not see one for the head unit my truck is equipped with. Also I have seen an aftermarket intergration kit on ebay for $129.00 made by USA SPEC I think, will this work and if so most importantly will I still have steering wheel controls? Thanks in advance guys for the help!

I have Mopar Ipod Kit on my RB4: It's not officially supported, but works. wheel control work, cannot display titles on display and select albums. just listen to your music.

Part Number 82209616AC

thanks guys for the info, as a last resort I will go with an fm transmitter. No one that replied yet has the RBQ with the ipod inter. kit, Kevan can you confirm that the kit will work?

[QUOTE='04SRT-10BLK]thanks guys for the info, as a last resort I will go with an fm transmitter. No one that replied yet has the RBQ with the ipod inter. kit, Kevan can you confirm that the kit will work?[/QUOTE]Sorry, I can't confirm that.
I have the RB4 with UConnect.

We did just install an RB1 with iPod interface in Keith's RumbleBee this afternoon. The install is pretty much plug and play (we drilled a 22mm hole in his glove box as per the install instructions to stash the iPod out of sight). Big ol' "DODGE" logo shows up on the iPod screen when it's plugged in. LOL

Oddly enough, I don't even own an iPod. :)

I bought mopar Part Number 82209616AC and I have RBQ.
I'm waitin to receive and install that, seems to be good for it.

I have the 6-disc cd changer with the directional navigation in my 06 QC AND I have an ipod integration kit and it works great! I have use of the steering wheel controls and the song title and other info appears on my screen. Contact the Mopar Connection, one of the supporting vendors, that's where I got mine from

ViperTruck2933 said:
I just bought this FM transmitter from Best Buy. It was on sale for half price and the salesman said it work really well.

I have to say I am extremely impressed. If you program it to a good station the reception is very clean. Well worth the $35 I paid for it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7705227&type=product&id=1138085296065

I will have to ask my friend what brand he bought cause he said his fm transmitter sucked.

Thanks for the input Tim.

patrick

Thanks Kevan for the reply, Mr_hd when you get you kit installed let me know how it works as you have the same head unit I do. Thanks for posting the p/n as well.

Has anyone tried the Mopar FM ipod adapter, part #82210181AB? If you look at the instruction manual it has an install for an 05 Ram. The illustration appears to be the RB4 unit.

It says that it has full integration with the rbq and the rb1. That means you can use your steering wheel controls and it shows the display on your radio.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back