Is anyone a Geologist here?

Blacksnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went up to some property we have in Northern Arizona and found an interesting piece. It is definitely glass but how it was made I don't know. I was researching and found that it could be from a lightning strike, volcanic eruption, or meteorite. 2 3/4 inches long and 1 1/8 inches wide at he widest point.

GlassObjectside2.jpg

GlassObjectside1.jpg

Blacksnake said:
Went up to some property we have in Northern Arizona and found an interesting piece. It is definitely glass but how it was made I don't know. I was researching and found that it could be from a lightning strike, volcanic eruption, or meteorite. 2 3/4 inches long and 1 1/8 inches wide at he widest point.

GlassObjectside2.jpg

GlassObjectside1.jpg
May be similar to this, only a good lab could tell.

tektite
http://www.utexas.edu/tmm/npl/meteorites/tektites/tektite_info.html

What you have there is no ordinary piece of glass that there my friend is a genuine alien sex toy i believe of the butt plug nature.

OSO said:
What you have there is no ordinary piece of glass that there my friend is a genuine alien sex toy i believe of the butt plug nature.

Well Mikey does live in Arizona now.:marchmellow: ;) :D

Black1 said:
Ever melted beer bottles around a campfire? ;) :D
It is the chemical composition that makes tektites unique, just like the green variety known as Moldavite;)

Black1 said:
I thought Mikey shat "Moldavite".... :dontknow: :confused:
Nope..........he jut turns inside out:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Black1 said:
Ever melted beer bottles around a campfire? ;) :D

I haven't seen to many clear beer bottles hmmmm, can you even do that?it would have to be one hot fire!

Blacksnake said:
I haven't seen to many clear beer bottles hmmmm, can you even do that?it would have to be one hot fire!

Yep, you can do it. :) ..... No clear beer bottles?!???! :laugh: Ever had a Corona? Landshark? ..... Miller High Life? lol :D

Black1 said:
Yep, you can do it. :) ..... No clear beer bottles?!???! :laugh: Ever had a Corona? Landshark? ..... Miller High Life? lol :D

But no ink or color from the bottle, maybe that would melt off! You could be onto something here. But how in the world it got there :dontknow: Smack in the middle of 2000 Acres of private land, buried, and no fires. Hmmmm interesting, we were collecting Indian pottery when we found it.

Blacksnake said:
But no ink or color from the bottle, maybe that would melt off! You could be onto something here. But how in the world it got there :dontknow: Smack in the middle of 2000 Acres of private land, buried, and no fires. Hmmmm interesting, we were collecting Indian pottery when we found it.
Indiana Jones would have your tail for that ;) ;) ;)

includemeout said:
Indiana Jones would have your tail for that ;) ;) ;)

It's pretty stuff, these are just little pieces of broken bowls that my wife is going to grout into stepping stones and make a mosaic.

Pottery.jpg

Blacksnake said:
It's pretty stuff, these are just little pieces of broken bowls that my wife is going to grout into stepping stones and make a mosaic.

Pottery.jpg
Nice, the black pieces look like obsidian, possably Apache Tears??

Since Superior, Arizona is located in the foothills of Apache Leap Mountain, one of the town's special attractions is Apache Tears Good Luck Stones..... This semi-precious gemstone is a Merikanite Obsidian, nature's glass in rounded shapes from pea size to softball size. Found only near Superior, Arizona USA, its smoky brown hue is semi-transparent when polished and held up to light. It is the ONLY obsidian nodule that can truly be called an Apache Tears Good Luck Stone!

Attachments

• largetear.jpg
    largetear.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
includemeout said:
Nice, the black pieces look like obsidian, possably Apache Tears??

Since Superior, Arizona is located in the foothills of Apache Leap Mountain, one of the town's special attractions is Apache Tears Good Luck Stones..... This semi-precious gemstone is a Merikanite Obsidian, nature's glass in rounded shapes from pea size to softball size. Found only near Superior, Arizona USA, its smoky brown hue is semi-transparent when polished and held up to light. It is the ONLY obsidian nodule that can truly be called an Apache Tears Good Luck Stone!

Ya, we have found lots of obsidian and arrowheads,also grinding stones and tools for cutting.

Blacksnake said:
Ya, we have found lots of obsidian and arrowheads,also grinding stones and tools for cutting.
Then you have a gold mine at your disposal, I would keep the location to yourself as some of those sell for some good money..:congrats: :congrats:

includemeout said:
Then you have a gold mine at your disposal, I would keep the location to yourself as some of those sell for some good money..:congrats: :congrats:

It's on private land that we own so it should be good. The silver creek runs right through the land and I think they must have lived right there because water is scarce up there. We have pulled out 6 or 7 complete bowls while plowing fields.

Blacksnake said:
It's on private land that we own so it should be good. The silver creek runs right through the land and I think they must have lived right there because water is scarce up there. We have pulled out 6 or 7 complete bowls while plowing fields.
Well I have to say you bought the right piece of land, an amazing find, must make plowing an adventure more than work:congrats: :congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back