Is anyone running these headers?

Looking at the link, the wording in the eBay ad is as if a non English speaking person wrote it. Meaning this appears to be made in Asia crap. Personally, I would by a proven reputable set of headers.

Never heard of them. Buy a name brand & be safe rather than sorry. Find out what everyone else is running on their 10's & pick from those. Good Luck.

Small collectors. But for a grand, those are defiantly worth a try.

I saw these today on ebay as well. From what I can find out about them, is they may be a re-branded OBX header. When I saw the add on ebay, I mistook them for OBX. When I came here to search, I saw your post and had to take a second look at the ebay add. If they truly are OBX-rebrand I would and will purchase. The internet is filled with good and bad reviews on the OBX brand. My personal experience with OBX is on my 98 Camaro. I've had them for 4 years with no issue of cracked welds, (the car is lowered and bottoms out on every speed bump). They still look great (stainless has that cool bluing. Installation fitment did need some massaging. Yes OBX are Chinese made and most likely so are these. I will be trying these out for the price.

The quality of those headers are poor. The flanges on a set were welded upside down and they would not exchange them or give a refund.

Small collectors. But for a grand, those are defiantly worth a try.

Thats the standard size for collecters on all the headers on the market minus the mopars

[QUOTmarllow venom;1258121]Good price for headers with mid pipes and looks like cats too!![/QUOTE]

Yes sir.

I saw these today on ebay as well. From what I can find out about them, is they may be a re-branded OBX header. When I saw the add on ebay, I mistook them for OBX. When I came here to search, I saw your post and had to take a second look at the ebay add. If they truly are OBX-rebrand I would and will purchase. The internet is filled with good and bad reviews on the OBX brand. My personal experience with OBX is on my 98 Camaro. I've had them for 4 years with no issue of cracked welds, (the car is lowered and bottoms out on every speed bump). They still look great (stainless has that cool bluing. Installation fitment did need some massaging. Yes OBX are Chinese made and most likely so are these. I will be trying these out for the price.

Yea. mix reviews but worth buying. They are a copy of American racing headers

I wouldn't put them on anything I own. Had a few customers try them on Vettes and TransAms and hated them! Installation wise anyways! Many took days to install after drilling flanges, putting dents in header to clear steering and frame. And still had exhaust leaks at flange. Your only saving a few hundred off most top of the line Viper headers at their " introductory price" lmfao!
Chinese Trash comparable to that cheap toilet paper you try once then swear to never buy again ;)

Here's a screenshot from a Vette forum I'm a member of and just one story of those Chinese headers.

image.jpg

Yea. mix reviews but worth buying. They are a copy of American racing headers

I know some Viper guys that tried them and they had nothing but issues.

And I'll bet they aren't the same in quality of either the stainless or craftsmanship of an ARH.

There's an old saying you get what you pay for, and in so many cases people end up costing themselves more just because they are cheap-asses. There's a counter point to that where you can pay too much, trick is to find the balance, I don't believe it's these headers.

--CC

Last edited:
paying more for a top notch product pays off in more ways than one... ease of installation, long lasting, and optimal design... saves yourself headache in the long run. being we are talking headers, just looking under the hood, how hard are they to install in general? better left to the professionals? I installed some American racing headers long tubes on a gt500 once and it was quite a job even with a lift. I was working for a friends speed shop at the time. granted that was a car with not much room to begin with.

Installing long tubes on these 10's is actually pretty easy just jack up the front end, pull the inner fender liners and more room than you can imagine.

I did MOPAR Perf long tubes and they are a bit harder because the steering goes right through the middle of the drivers side header. Most of the others don't require that. Still no problem though, just a few extra minutes.

Hmm well thats pretty encouraging. Eyeballing it poppong the hood, seems like there is a lot of room under there for that and a plug change which i need to do soon.

Hmm well thats pretty encouraging. Eyeballing it poppong the hood, seems like there is a lot of room under there for that and a plug change which i need to do soon.

Plug change the same way, pull the inner fender liners it's only a few screws and push-pins and you can sit on a creeper stool and they are all easily accessible and at eye level.

--CC

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back