Is it normal with the v10 to use oil ??

Cbailey8971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 04 rc and it has 42,000 miles . I've put 3000 miles on it since I got it in bout 3 months and I found it a qt low when I got it, changed the oil and put bout 1000 miles on it and today I was 1/2 qt low . No oil leaks and doesn't seem to be smoking. Does anyone have this issue it's it common?

Yep, most do. Someone said that it is qt. per 1,000 miles. Mine burns a qt. about every 2,000 miles and that is at 85,000 on the meter.

Every internal combustion engine will use oil. Absolutely normal.

Dodge will burn it, Ford will leak it and Chev....just sucks it!:D

I had one of the Roe crankcase breathers on my truck and I noticed that oil was blowing out of the filter on the breather occasionally so I took it off since I installed my catch can and my "oil consumption" dropped considerably so I dont know if you have a crankcase breather but if you do then that may be some of the culprit.

"going mach 2 with my hair on fire!"

Check and make sure your oil cooler lines are not leaking. Given the age and miles if they have never been changed they are prolly starting to go.

I guess I'm the odd ball...over 150k miles and level has never changed. I follow factory intervals and only mobil-1 0-40. I've owned it since new...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back