Is it safe to use wheel polish on our wheels?

zcoupe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one bottle of "mag and aluminum polish" and one bottle of chrome wheel polish. Will these be safe to use?

I have been using mothers mag and aluminum polish for awhile now.No problems at all and shines them babies up nice!!

You can use the( search ) for more info,But i think you will be fine with those.Some of the wheels are clear coated,But i guess some have said theres are not.I had mine chromed,For easier clean up but then went with N/R wheels.

i think they come powder coated from the factory, so i use regular wax on them no need for alum. polish..

waterdog said:
i think they come powder coated from the factory, so i use regular wax on them no need for alum. polish..

All 04's came clear coated, clear coating was an option on 05.

I believe only our polished wheels are clear coated -- standard wheels are not polished or clearcoated is my understanding from the service techs.

way to test is to use a small amount of aluminum cleaner on a towel and rub on wheel lightly -- if the polish area on the towel and wheel begins to turn black your wheels are not clear coated -

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back