Is my factory 05 RB1 Nav. stereo unit

ghackett1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is my factory 05 RB4 Nav. stereo unit

SiriusXM ready? I have the factory unit 05 SRT10 with Nav so I guess it's the RB4 unit. I want to buy a satellite tuner and antenna kit so I can subscribe and get SiriusXM through my factory dash mounted system. Will this work? Thanks for reading and answering if you can help. Or do I need the RB1 system for this to work?

Last edited:
The factory unit should work in conjunction with the XM kit..I had the service for awhile but felt I didn't drive it enough to justify the monthly fee but did enjoy no commercials..good luck.

Well that would be good, I read in a couple of places though that I would need the RB1 unit. Anyone else have any input on this?

I had a unit in my 04 that worked thru the fm . I got tired of them changing the programming and canceled the service after 10 years. The radio in the truck was not Xm ready

Thanks for the response. I'm definitely going for it. I'll let you know how it works out for me. I found a sirius tuner and antenna on ebay for a good price, or does anybody here recommend a particular one?

the Chrysler Sirius unit is compatible, the xm (terk box and xmd1000 tuner) will not work with a rb4.
you need an rb1 for the xm (not Sirius) to work.

Last edited:
the Chrysler Sirius unit is compatible, the xm (terk box and xmd1000 tuner) will not work with a rb4.
you need an rb1 for the xm (not Sirius) to work.

So are you talking about the tuner and antenna I need to get? If so, where do I get one. The tuner and antenna on ebay said seriusXM I was going to use that. Will that work?

So are you talking about the tuner and antenna I need to get? If so, where do I get one. The tuner and antenna on ebay said seriusXM I was going to use that. Will that work?

Paste the ebay link so I can see what you are looking at

This one:
221764406580 ebay item number

That will not work. There is a compatibility chart in the auction description. They are all aftermarket radios.

Remember something, Your SRT-10 is 10 year old electronics technology.

There is a Chrysler Sirius unit from Mopar that works in the RB4. It is expensive. Otherwise, search down an RB1, a TERK Box, and an XMD Tuner. The TERK Box plugs in the back of the RB1 and fools it into thinking it's a CD Changer and makes the XMD Tuner work.

I had the setup in my 04 RAM with AM/FM/CD. When I got my SRT-10 with RB4 I installed the stuff...It don't work on an RB4.
I got hold of an RB1 and it all works great.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back