IS SCT REALLY WORTH IT?

04vipertruck

Reaction score
i have 04 rc bassani headers no-cats mid pipes volant i was thinking about sct will i really feel the differnce and get a lot out of it?

With your mods your tune is probably a mile off! The air fuel ratio can be changed to proper readings and the timing will be kicked up a lot for 93 octane gas, also changes your engine temperature to 170 degrees. If you have a fresh dyno sheet to send to KRC Performance you should feel a good seat of the pants difference.

GriffsSRT said:
I can't Cant for mine!!!!:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

:D

Yes, its worth it...it can make a significant difference in HP/ft lbs at WOT in the lower rpms as well as improve partial throttle performance.

it definitely made a difference on my truck & marty @ krc performance is so helpful (though a bit overwelmed trying to catch up all the orders right now)......
like it was said before, get a fresh dynojet dyno run with your current setup & talk to marty about it, he'll let ya know what's up.......:rock:

i got a b&g stage 2 sct tuner ,,for the price it is a little hi for a mod that only gets you less than 40 hp but how could you stand not to get it lol,,,if you have a slow Q/C than it is a must ,,,i have the r/c ,,that makes the mod high priced for a few ponys ,,but i just could not stand it unless i get every drop i can get out of my 10

Ironhead said:
i got a b&g stage 2 sct tuner ,,for the price it is a little hi for a mod that only gets you less than 40 hp but how could you stand not to get it lol,,,if you have a slow Q/C than it is a must ,,,i have the r/c ,,that makes the mod high priced for a few ponys ,,but i just could not stand it unless i get every drop i can get out of my 10

Well, depends how you look at it.

That Volant of yours was $4xx and got you less than 5 hp.....I think the SCT/any tune is one of the best bang for the bucks that there is for these trucks.....especially for the QC's that are detuned in the first place.

--wes

wesman said:
Well, depends how you look at it.

That Volant of yours was $4xx and got you less than 5 hp.....I think the SCT/any tune is one of the best bang for the bucks that there is for these trucks.....especially for the QC's that are detuned in the first place.

--wes

you dont know what your talking about i did not pay any thing for the volaint,, you are bad mouthing,, so that was free hp ,,,,,,nanananana,is that all the smack you got :rock:plus the best bang for buck is high flow cats or go with catless mids ,,,you will get more with that than any other ,,me i got them all lol ,,but i will be going with bannssi headers and high flows as soon as STINKER sends them to me ,,,allready got headers

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
you dont know what your talking about i did not pay any thing for the volaint,, you are bad mouthing,, so that was free hp ,,,,,,nanananana,is that all the smack you got :rock:plus the best bang for buck is high flow cats or go with catless mids ,,,you will get more with that than any other ,,me i got them all lol ,,but i will be going with bannssi headers and high flows as soon as STINKER sends them to me ,,,allready got headers

Hhaha...not bad mouthing, just pointing out the way people look at things. I just used your sig as an example......nothing personal :rock:

A CAI is generally $4xx and provide no real gains and people seem to throw them on with a quickness.

The tunes are a very good bang for the buck.

How is the truck with headers? Is it loud? I have the catless mids and Magnaflow catback. It's not too loud right now. I'd like to get some headers too but don't wanna make the kid vibrate from the resonance in the back seat...lol

--wes

04vipertruck said:
i have 04 rc bassani headers no-cats mid pipes volant i was thinking about sct will i really feel the differnce and get a lot out of it?

Anything that can facilitate a tune via the internet instead of shipping an e.c.u. back and forth is worth it.
As mentioned, your current tune will be off esp. 'cause you pulled your cats.
What do you expect to get out of a Stage 2 or an SCT tune?

Borden3srt said:
i wouldn't say the qc's are detuned, because i have dyno'd 435 at the rear. now the torque management messes with it, and that is the main issue with qc's i would say.

the 435 is stock or now after mods (in your sig)?:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back