Is there a torque spec for thermostat?

I'm sure there is a torque spec but usually snug them up about 11 ft/lbs. doesn't take much :rock:

Last edited:
With that stuff I always tighten the bolts "just right". Don't know how to explain it, just know what to do :dontknow:

With that stuff I always tighten the bolts "just right". Don't know how to explain it, just know what to do :dontknow:

skyy, I love the stance of your ride. That's zackly what I wanna do to ours. May I ask what the kit was you used to lower that bad boy.
My wife currently has the truck until she finishes school & gets this high paying $$ job she keeps talking about, then the truck will be my 2nd hot rod in the garage. The truck will need to be lowered for me to have it seeings I'm a paraplegic. I'd like to figure something out to where I could put a collapsible crane of some sort in the bed under the tonneau cover to grab & put my chair in the bed.

Thanks for the responses. We're now fighting an air in the system issue.

It's still better than having the dealership do it. They wanted $420 for the thermostat. Total was gonna be $1200 to flush & replace the stat.
Same with the "leak detection pump". $460 & $1100 to replace.

I ordered the thermostat from my Mom's Dodge dealership & paid $70.
The l d p was $105.

That's effin' insane!!!

skyy, I love the stance of your ride. That's zackly what I wanna do to ours. May I ask what the kit was you used to lower that bad boy.
My wife currently has the truck until she finishes school & gets this high paying $$ job she keeps talking about, then the truck will be my 2nd hot rod in the garage. The truck will need to be lowered for me to have it seeings I'm a paraplegic. I'd like to figure something out to where I could put a collapsible crane of some sort in the bed under the tonneau cover to grab & put my chair in the bed.

Thanks for the responses. We're now fighting an air in the system issue.

It's still better than having the dealership do it. They wanted $420 for the thermostat. Total was gonna be $1200 to flush & replace the stat.
Same with the "leak detection pump". $460 & $1100 to replace.

I ordered the thermostat from my Mom's Dodge dealership & paid $70.
The l d p was $105.

That's effin' insane!!!
there was a customer deep south that had the camper top that would lift up, pick up his chair , so forth Mike, so Im sure it can be done sir

on the air, there is a nipple right on top of the t state housing, loosen it a touch till fluid trickles, let It bleed out till all the bubbles are gone, it sometimes if completely drained can take a bit sir

skyy406, I'm blind. Actually I couldn't get past looking at your truck to see your mod list mentioning the kit, etc.

ViperDad, seeing your rig all dolled up has me wondering if I have the fastest color or not? The fact our truck is about 65% paid for & I finally got one should be enough to keep me from being picky over color's.
I've always liked silver, this our 3rd different model, but it seems like it's a standard color like white since there's so many in that hue going down the road.
Not so many in your color that's for sure.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back